• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.3 easy
Felt good on the run but I am pretty damn fatigued. Its hard to figure out exactly how fast you can go over 26.2 miles. I DNF'ed a marathon a year ago this weekend as a result of making every possible mistake one can make (new shoes, new nutrition, went out to fast, no race plan etc . . . ) very painful/informative experience.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mcmillan-running "Even Steven" workout today
2 mile warmup, incl. drills,
10 minutes at marathon pace
2 mins easy
8 minutes at half marathon pace
2 mins easy
6 minutes at 10k pace
2 mins easy
4 mins at 5k
2 mins easy
2 mins at 3k
2.5 mile cooldown
all in all about a 10.5-11 miler. I misread the directions on how much easy running to do, you are actually supposed to increase the length of your easy run by 2 mins per rep. I really recommend this workout - it was a lot of fun.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
2012 is the last year of the 59 second grace period - and for 2012 they are allowing for "pre-entry" so a 3:10:59 may not even be enough. Plus, based on last year by the time you run NYC it will already be full.

I'm running a marathon this summer that I hope gets me to the 3:05 range. We'll see.

Myles, I know. But, I'm a runner. I still need to go for it. And in 2012, qualifying time drops to 3:05.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Myles, I know. But, I'm a runner. I still need to go for it. And in 2012, qualifying time drops to 3:05.

I think that if you beat the 3:05 the standard after it has sold out your time 2012 will still be good for 2013. Assuming the world doesn't end that is.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
9.1 miles in Central Park this morning in 58:11

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2.8 miles in Central park in 30 minutes. Still a noob but getting better!

Question re: running: how actively should you "spring" with your calves? It makes me go significantly faster, but my endurance for it is bad

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
90 minutes at the gym (4x chest, 5x shrugs, 5x triceps, 2x abs) followed by a nice and easy 3.75 miler finished at our neighborhoods beautifully remodeled park overlooking NY Harbor.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

gregh16

Reaction score
Owls Head right? Beautiful day in Brooklyn.....

Quick interest check....anybody here run in Size 11.5 neutral shoes? I have some Brooks Ghost and Mizuno Riders I'm looking to get rid of cheap, only one run on each....

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.5 miles today. About an hour in length.
It was a spectacular run in the morning.
Lots of nature and life springing up in the paths.
I offically have 6 days left until im grounded for 4+ weeks.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
2.8 miles in Central park in 30 minutes. Still a noob but getting better!

Question re: running: how actively should you "spring" with your calves? It makes me go significantly faster, but my endurance for it is bad

If you want to get a feel for technically correct foot strike, try marching in place before you start your jog. They way your foot will contact the ground as you march is what you want to feel when you stride. That is how I learned to become a more efficient runner (after coming back from a broken foot).

Anyone having problems with their garmin 110? mine is really bugging me (takes two minutes to start recording after saying it has located satelites.
ffffuuuu.gif

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25 minute run yesterday; made it 3.1 miles.

Sad to say maybe the first time in my life I've run 3 continuous miles (while not a on treadmill).
shog[1].gif

Felt better throughout than last week's 20 minute run, at a slightly faster pace, and was not on a track (back at my normal running spot, which has light hills.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads