• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen vs Quoddy vs Oak Street bootmakers. The Ultimate Showdown

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scourage
haven't tried any of the 3 but looking to make a purchase very soon. Thinking of going with oak street cause of relatively better pricing and positive reviews of quality. Question: what would you recommend for someone with a wide foot but without a really wide heel. As in i need an E for the middle and balls of my feet but don't want the heel to be too loose.
you should be okay in yuketen e widths in most styles. oak street has a wider width option as well but you might need to confirm that with them. quoddy makes several widths but you will most likely have to order from them and that can take anywhere from 2 - 6 months.

scourage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
you should be okay in yuketen e widths in most styles. oak street has a wider heel option as well but you might need to confirm that with them. quoddy makes several widths but you will most likely have to order from them and that can take anywhere from 2 - 6 months.

"a wider heel option"?

not want i'm looking for. i want a wide foot without a particularly wide heel. just wanted to clarify that. how does oak street work for that? thanks

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scourage
"a wider heel option"? not want i'm looking for. i want a wide foot without a particularly wide heel. just wanted to clarify that. how does oak street work for that? thanks
i meant various width options, not heel. actually, if you need something really customized russell moc might be a good option for you as well. those guys can do anything with sizing. they have some really cool stuff and they do a single, double and triple vamp shoe. they are about 5 or 6 months out as they are extremely popular right now. their website sucks but they will send you a catalog (you have to request it) that has some great pics in it. the judy boot and some of the thula thula stuff are my favorites. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

scourage

Reaction score
thanks, just wanted to check.
Russel is a good thought. Would like for this summer though, but the thought of something really customized for sizing is great. I sent george a pm about sizing. I'll probably go with oak street if it sounds like it will work.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
can you point them out, please?
sure. tbs - you need to click on the pic of the shoe (there are several) ... you will see the inside of the shoe is marked e along with the corresponding size. revolver ... click on the mg pic (you can see they mark e width) blackbird ... they are marked e width etc ... . most of the retailers that carry d widths specifically say so. let me know if you need anything else.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
sure.

tbs - you need to click on the pic of the shoe (there are several) ... you will see the inside of the shoe is marked e along with the corresponding size.
revolver ... click on the mg pic (you can see they mark e width)
blackbird ... they are marked e width
etc ... .

most of the retailers that carry d widths specifically say so.

let me know if you need anything else.

All of Colette's are E width. Oddly OC seems to have taken to D width this season. I'll have to go in store to confirm.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
All of Colette's are E width. Oddly OC seems to have taken to D width this season. I'll have to go in store to confirm.
i thought oc always had d widths. for some reason i thought they pulled a barneys.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
sure.

tbs - you need to click on the pic of the shoe (there are several) ... you will see the inside of the shoe is marked e along with the corresponding size.
revolver ... click on the mg pic (you can see they mark e width)
blackbird ... they are marked e width
etc ... .

most of the retailers that carry d widths specifically say so.

let me know if you need anything else.

can you post a link? I can't find this alleged shoe....

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i thought oc always had d widths. for some reason i thought they pulled a barneys.

They were all E last season at OC. Don't bother responding to A.L.Z. His trolling is Obvious and annoying at this point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads