• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
0470816c.jpg
Easter swagg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Originally Posted by Knisse
It comes off a bit heavy, oversized cardigan and those boots doesnt go well together in my opinion. I would consider selling it, i know its TF but that doesnt make it perfect.

idk, i'd ignore this

Originally Posted by ManofKent
TBH the cardi looks much too big. I take it NY isn't quite as warm as it is here either...

Thanks guys, the cardi was bought with the expectation that it won't fit. the thought is to try various oversized looks and see if some might work for me (and if none does, i'll probably just jog / bum around the house in it since i got it for cheap
devil.gif
). sorry if i didn't make that clear. (and even without making that clear the 'I would consider selling it' comment is really unnecessary, as db_ggmm (i take it) is pointing out, but i'll let that pass)

of course it's quite possible that even knowing the intentions behind it my fit still looks like someone who doesn't know how to properly size her clothes - in which case suggestions for alternative oversized looks would be appreciated.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that ones pretty good. mine's a RL sample I got that's been going strong for 3 (4?) Easters now. bit of a tradition but hey why not. it's actually cut really well and darted so it must have been used for a shoot or something lol

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
riOHs.jpg

tf cardi (2 sizes big lol)
spurr tee, i don't think it fits the color palette but i've ran out of clean tees
marchal.gif

kmw
ps ricard

was that the tf that was just on ebay?? Anyway, it's too big for you, I might consider taking it off your hands
devil.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
a bit off topic but im in a hurry. SORRY and thanks for anyone help. dries van noten pant/shirt people: do most dvn dress pants come with finished hems? regarding the dvn shirts, if i need a 22" pit to pit should i go with a 50 or 52 in their button-down dress shirts?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
was that the tf that was just on ebay?? Anyway, it's too big for you, I might consider taking it off your hands
devil.gif

I think he bought it off me last summer unless someone else also has the same sweater on SF. It looks much better in real life. It weighs like 7lb and is cashmere. Its about as lux as a cardigan can be.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
fuji: as i recall yours is an XXL? this is a medium and i kopped it from a consignment in ny that also has a ebay store, marked as nwot (which it does seem to be)

Originally Posted by dtmt
devil.gif

yeah it is - i know you posted about it in the should-kop thread. why didn't you kop in the first place? it's an M and your size is 39 so pretty close?

Originally Posted by linkinwayne
I like the oversized look. Probably helps because that knit looks spectacular
lol thanks linkin. sometimes i wish it was even larger - then perhaps i can wear it as a trench or try the yohji looks
laugh.gif

00140m.jpg
00150m.jpg

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know or care if this word is frowned upon on SF but that looks really cute MF. just can't think of any other way to describe it haha

edit: ******* iPhone keyboard

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
sometimes i wish it was even larger - then perhaps i can wear it as a trench or try the yohji looks
The knit reminds me of the stuff Conference of Birds put out before it disappeared into the aether

X8MK0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads