• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy some Jack Purcell based on the fact that you guys said it's more comfortable than the All Stars. How is the sizing compared to the All stars? I'm a size 8 in the All stars, is it the same for the Jack Purcell?

Thanks

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7_rocket
I want to buy some Jack Purcell based on the fact that you guys said it's more comfortable than the All Stars. How is the sizing compared to the All stars? I'm a size 8 in the All stars, is it the same for the Jack Purcell?

Thanks

Yep.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Bottega Veneta x Converse ?
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by portopotti
I just picked these up.

CONSJVHICHRC.jpg

very nice btw.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
I've always wanted a pair of Jack Purcells without that stupid strip of colour on the toe cap

You could design your own, although I don't know how much that costs: http://www.converse.com/

951socal

Reaction score
When i bought my cracked leather Varvatos X Converse hi tops, i saw this imatation snake skin one, i can't find it anywhere. Im PRETTY sure it was Varvatos X converse anybody know where i can find that?

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were "limited Edition" but the Bowery Store had some last time I checked but that was last season and the shoes were already over a season old. The lowtops are still on the JV site though laced and laceless versions. Maybe a Last Call has them?

ninja07

Reaction score
i just got some made in usa off white chucks which i believe are circa 1990s. For chucks, I pay lots of attention to the way the toecaps look, the smaller and sharper they are as defined by the red strips the nicer imo. I must say that they don't make them as they used to now. I remember my pair in the 80s and the toecaps were perfect. anybody share the same views?

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From 2009, I think:

112423-01-570x570.jpg

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninja07
i just got some made in usa off white chucks which i believe are circa 1990s. For chucks, I pay lots of attention to the way the toecaps look, the smaller and sharper they are as defined by the red strips the nicer imo. I must say that they don't make them as they used to now. I remember my pair in the 80s and the toecaps were perfect. anybody share the same views?

Yea, the USA Converse were better imo. I mean the current ones are fine (assuming you don't wear them like... literally everyday), but I think at least the QC was better back then. But I do think it's kinda ridiculous what people are asking for wearable USA chucks, a hundred bucks? No way.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick clarification.

Are the UK and US size the same for converse? The box stated UK 9, US 9. So in USA, if someone mentioned their size to be 10, can i safely assume that it a UK10?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads