• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
laugh.gif
people here get REALLY ******* defensive when you ask what they do or how they pay for all their ****. i think people are genuinely curious and i don't understand why it has such a rude connotation, it's the internet man. what's wrong with asking how you can actually afford to spend 1000 dollars on a drapey fuckin rayon shirt?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Thanks for taking the time to offer advice instead of meaningless internet hate
edit: Almost forgot

You should have forgotten. No one owes you an explanation, ok. The hate you might get on here isn't meaningless, it is wildly deserved.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
laugh.gif
people here get REALLY ******* defensive when you ask what they do or how they pay for all their ****. i think people are genuinely curious and i don't understand why it has such a rude connotation, it's the internet man. what's wrong with asking how you can actually afford to spend 1000 dollars on a drapey fuckin rayon shirt?

It's a rude question to ask and he doesn't pay as much for those clothes as you seem to think. It's none of your business how anyone makes their money. If you don't spend a lot on other things and have a decent paying job it's not hard to buy some expensive pieces.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
You should have forgotten. No one owes you an explanation, ok. The hate you might get on here isn't meaningless, it is wildly deserved.
But hey, what's the point of posting on the internet if you can't piss a few people off, eh? What did I do to you anyway? I thought Bows would at least give me the respect to say "Yeah I don't like it either or whatever" being both from the same (******) city and having discussed it briefly in the past. You don't like me saying **** you to someone? I'd say "disgust" is a pretty strong word to use to describe someone you don't know and has done nothing to wrong you

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
But hey, what's the point of posting on the internet if you can't piss a few people off, eh? What did I do to you anyway? I thought Bows would at least give me the respect to say "Yeah I don't like it either or whatever" being both from the same (******) city and having discussed it briefly in the past. You don't like me saying **** you to someone? I'd say "disgust" is a pretty strong word to use to describe someone you don't know and has done nothing to wrong you
I'm not a huge fan of that jacket first off. It may just be the angle but the way your shoulder looks is throwing it off for me. I do like the cardigan and the jeans. The under shirt isn't very flattering, looks like moobs. To combat this, you could wear a tighter fitting tank underneath of that shirt to help control it. I do this with my nicholas and mark tanks, and would add another raw hem layer underneath you could use to your advantage. Also I like those sneakers, but not necessarily with that fit. I feel a pair of black boots, preferably with distressing or an interesting texture would help it a lot. edit - and I was only +1 ing this dislike of this fit, not all of them. I think there are pieces in play that work but this doesn't necessarily completely go together.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bows1, I apologize for cursing at you and admit that I am far too quick to anger.
Thanks for reacting civilly in response to my being a dickhead.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
heh, nothing i'm wearing is black, the cardi is dark grey and the jeans are indigo. just ****** lighting and camera phone.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks uncontrol, my pretty vampire friend
inlove.gif
anyways I go to work with freaking sketchers, lmao. Some dudes make fun of me at my job for always wearing them, and in my mind im always like "lol if only you knew."

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
haha, that's pretty strange. i guess i never think about all the frumpy people hurf durfing around offices all day outside of the office, maybe they go home and get decked out in RO or whatever

no hate, by the way obviously, i'm just curious.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its not even that, everyone has a different life outside of work. Work just forces certain conventions which doesn't allow people to "know" others. Not saying all your co-workers actually dress in RO, but they might be different than how you perceive them.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
i know, haha. just most people don't have as much of a change as you i guess is what i'm saying. i wear the same **** to work as i do when i'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads