• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Work fit looks excellent, AR. I like how the optically short knit vest makes you look like you have especially long legs. Not work fit needs black jeans
smile.gif

Thanks... I was trying to use the leather in a less rocker way than I have been, thus the pant / TB shirt mix. I have mostly worn it with indigo or black jeans, easy to throw it on in that context.
Originally Posted by halisray
ar six, gain some weight.
I shall politely decline - 170-175 is my sweet spot, currently 172.
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
ar_six's work fit is very much what I imagined his take on BBBF would be. Black and gray instead of red white blue and gray.
I do both. This one was monochrome but I have a lot of TB stuff in the other colourways you mentioned.
Still though, I know you say the pants need to be sagged more for the after work fit but with the rise and shape of the upper block on those (I came close to getting a black fleece suit in the spring but ultimately decided against it for what retail was) sagging just wouldn't work. I'm sure you know this already though otherwise you probably would have done just that.
Or wear jeans like zissou said
smile.gif
The pants are not the suit pants, they're patrik ervell formal pants. It does work, I did it immediately after looking at those pics and seeing what would improve the fit. It is, however, still relatively high rise and some but not much break, but I didn't want it to fit like jeans, that wasn't the point (trying to do 7 distinctive fits this week).
Originally Posted by snake
AR - I feel the wide ribbing on the (already short) sweater makes it look 2 sizes too small. You have good proportions though, I'm jelly.
A lot of TB's do this; I have 4 knits and 2 of them have that same band, it's an interesting way to visually screw with a suit fit's proportions. MC had a similar reaction to the other knit. I feel like in person, at more or less eye level and when you're not staring at the clothes so much as talking to me, it's a lot subtler. I really like the effect irl.
Originally Posted by dmass1
whats the jacket? looks good
The suit (and thus jacket) is BBBF by Rafaelle Caruso, the leather is TOJ.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^CP Special Edition Achilles Lows... I mean sure no y-3 chuckalikes but silly, Iunno. Wore 'em for coherence texture-wise and to balance out the white shirt.

I don't see a reason for snark, especially unfunny snark. Who gives a **** what they are? They would look nice on a basketball court. The shoes from your Thom Browne outfit would have been a smarter choice.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Meh, too gunboatish to wear with a leather and would've been all black. The patent offsets the leather, the suede goes well with the wool pant. The sole always seems brighter in pics than IRL, dunno why that is. Point being, they're pretty damned minimalist shoes, CP achilles are generally looked at as about as close to dress shoes as sneakers get. Achilles style pretty well with ervell generally imo. I think he's actually used them for the runway shows in the past, at least it seems to me he did for his S/S stuff.

123abc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
Okay. Second round. *Ding Ding.
Japanese brown cardigan.
Aeropostle shirt.
Silk blue tie.
Silver tie bar.
Zoo York chino.
Florsheim brown loafers.

hahahaha
laugh.gif
I like the first pic.
The fit of your pants is not very flattering esp. the crotch area and i dont like the cardigan or the shoes... but i like this better than the last fit.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'd never dress up sneakers (except in one fit maybe?) personally but that's me.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
would you people shut the **** up about this? he's fine

Agreed. Everyone has their own personal preferred weight, as long as it isn't clinically unhealthy, don't ***** at people.
sarcasm.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Dress sneakers lol. Are you high?

Don't have a cow, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads