The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Been a while gentleman Aeglus - great man from suits to casual hit everything sir. Greylabel - good stuff [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] SE on monk strap
    Less is more, not more is more. You've already got interesting hair, maybe it is time to tone down the sprezzatura. I'm totally down with the rings though, more dudes should wear jewellery, I kinda gave up on that cause I'm lazy.

2. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

there's absolutely nothing wrong with the hem or crop of those pants

3. Fuuma

there's absolutely nothing wrong with the hem or crop of those pants
    Yes, to work pants like this have to: -barely graze the shoe or; -be right above the ankle or; -have a slight break on the shoe his are a hair shy of grazing which is too much or not enough of a good thing depending on which direction he wanted to go with. Iammatt who is arguably the best dressed dude in MC (well back when I looked at the WAYWT there before it become vomit-inducing) sometimes made that mistake too. He doesn't care but I did and cried myself to sleep thinking "this is why we can't have nice things!!".

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I generally think you dress pretty well but you lack awareness when it comes to hemming pants, they're very often too short or not cropped enough or whatever which ends up making things akward.
    My personal preference is if there's a cuff, kissing the top of the shoe and if there's no cuff then I slant the hem. I think my normal pose throws off how cropped they are. [​IMG] I hope I'm not making you cry in your sleep since you're one of my favorite posters [​IMG]

5. Hot Dog Day #49

Yes, to work pants like this have to:

-barely graze the shoe or;
    -be right above the ankle or;
    -have a slight break on the shoe

his are a hair shy of grazing which is too much or not enough of a good thing depending on which direction he wanted to go with. Iammatt who is arguably the best dressed dude in MC (well back when I looked at the WAYWT there before it become vomit-inducing) sometimes made that mistake too. He doesn't care but I did and cried myself to sleep thinking "this is why we can't have nice things!!".

it is barely grazing the shoe, pretty clearly too.

6. Fuuma

My personal preference is if there's a cuff, kissing the top of the shoe and if there's no cuff then I slant the hem. I think my normal pose throws off how cropped they are.

[​IMG]

I hope I'm not making you cry in your sleep since you're one of my favorite posters [​IMG]

Yeah, looks way better on that one, I fully recognize with something like barely touching the way your pants ride up/down during the day mean you go from "fuck yeah" to "ugg" which can be annoying, this is why those really well cut bespoke pants come in handy.

I have like two pair of cuffed pants, I leave those wider than usual (so no cigarette legs) and do the kissing thing too. For my other pants I prefer a slight break, heavier break or stacking for jeans. Of course it depends on the shoes I wear them with, some combos just don't work, especially w. boots. I just got a +J pair of slim black pants that I plan to hem above the ankle to wear with boots but I'm not sure as I never do that, it looked cool in the YSL campaign where the dude was wearing my electric blue bomber but I generally dislike it.

7. Fuuma

it is barely grazing the shoe, pretty clearly too.

No, btw the back is also important. It is barely grazing on the second shot he posted though....

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

his are a hair shy of grazing

...maybe a foolish question, but wouldn't it depend on the shoe you're wearing? [​IMG]

9. Hot Dog Day #49

No, btw the back is also important. It is barely grazing on the second shot he posted though....

you're ridiculous, no one outside of MC is gonna notice this.

10. Fuuma

...maybe a foolish question, but wouldn't it depend on the shoe you're wearing? [​IMG]

Yeah, I mentionned that didn't I? There are some pants/shoe matches I never do for that reason. For example I have a pair of nice maroon slacks with some sort of checkered pattern I had cut with a very visible slant to wear with ankle boots, can't wear that shit with dress shoes or sneakers...

11. Fuuma

you're ridiculous, no one outside of MC is gonna notice this.

So at first you said I was wrong, no you say I'm right but no one cares, cool.

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Ah, thanks. I tend to miss things on my phone browser...

13. Hot Dog Day #49

So at first you said I was wrong, no you say I'm right but no one cares, cool.

well you can see in the other picture that he posted that they are, they just appear more cropped in motion. you're just fretting over something very silly.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

did I just accidentally wander into MC?

I prefer a very slight break on mah work pants and stack everything else. YMMV.

15. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Okay. Second round. *Ding Ding. [​IMG] Japanese brown cardigan. Aeropostle shirt. Silk blue tie. Silver tie bar. Zoo York chino. Florsheim brown loafers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.