• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

s3lam

Reaction score
oh and how could I forget the fit pic.

Not the best angle but you get the idea.

For reference this shirt is a medium and I am about 5'10" and 170 lbs.

DSC_8578.jpg

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
I do believe I saw Jamie Oliver wearing this guy on Letterman a few nights back.

wthVF.jpg

I have the same shirt, too. Hopefully no one tells me they saw it on Letterman
ffffuuuu.gif

Gmas

Reaction score
Great shirt s3lam - been debating picking that up at Nomad myself. Hope they have another medium kicking around between the two shops.

Just a heads up on a couple restocks of the more limited pieces from this season:

Acrimony just got more of the camo, and Opening Ceremony just received their restock of the cheetah print shirts.

Fatty Foulkes

Reaction score
s3lam, pics being work are so much better. Wouldn't normally consider a design like that, but think it looks spot on

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
s3lam - that shirt looks great on you and thanks for the pictures. I think it looks better photoed like that and worn versus the pics online. I think I'm sold on it...
devil.gif

Thanks for the heads up on the Acrimony restock, gmas

ACRvip15 for 15% off Gitman (Wings + Horns, etc) for the rest of the month. They have s3lams shirt, similar, but in a grey that looks cool..

s3lam

Reaction score
Gmas - I'm pretty sure there was another medium at the Richmond location. Post some fit pics if you decide to get it =) Slack - I hear ya man, this is not your typical pattern on a shirt and just seeing pics of this shirt alone does not do it justice. After I saw fit pics on Roden Gray and Tres Bien shop this pattern definitely grew on me and got me sold on it. According to Tres Bien shop, this shirt contains 6% ramie (read up on its properties on Wiki) but my shirt says 100% cotton on the tag. Nevertheless, this shirt is very breathable and should be great for the warmer days ahead. This is my first horizontally striped shirt which is a nice change from all the checkered, plaids and vertically striped shirts I have=) Bonus pic from waywt Sufu =)
DSC_8590.jpg
Tim Hamilton x Uniqlo Gitman Wings + Horns CP's

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by s3lam
Gmas
Slack - I hear ya man, this is not your typical pattern on a shirt and just seeing pics of this shirt alone does not do it justice. After I saw fit pics on Roden Gray and Tres Bien shop this pattern definitely grew on me and got me sold on it. This is my first horizontally striped shirt which is a nice change from all the checkered, plaids and vertically striped shirts I have=) Bonus pic from waywt Sufu =)
DSC_8590.jpg

Tim Hamilton x Uniqlo
Gitman
Wings + Horns
CP's

+1 to the bold font above re; some vert stripes (which I need in my life), and nice, nice fit.
bigstar[1].gif

landononefoot

Reaction score
That's such a great looking shirt. Thanks for the photos s3lam. I've been eyeing that shirt for a while and I just may have to purchase them now.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a duplicate of the only Gitman shirt that I really like this season, and when it came in yesterday, I found the fit was quite different from the original (the original still being NWT, so there is no explanation for this)
frown.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I ordered a duplicate of the only Gitman shirt that I really like this season, and when it came in yesterday, I found the fit was quite different from the original (the original still being NWT, so there is no explanation for this)
frown.gif

Out of curiosity, which shirt?

Feji

Reaction score
I grabbed one of the linen/cotten blue chambray in a medium from AC recently...and it was much larger than a similar linen/cotten blend gingham also from this season. It really caught me off guard since Gitman is usually pretty good at sizing their shirts accurately.

The blue chambray happened to be like 2/3" longer in the sleeves, and 2" longer in length (collar to hem) when I layed my blue gingham right over the blue chambray.

astris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Feji
I grabbed one of the linen/cotten blue chambray in a medium from AC recently...and it was much larger than a similar linen/cotten blend gingham also from this season. It really caught me off guard since Gitman is usually pretty good at sizing their shirts accurately.

The blue chambray happened to be like 2/3" longer in the sleeves, and 2" longer in length (collar to hem) when I layed my blue gingham right over the blue chambray.

Do you have p2p and shoulder measurements? I was looking to pick up a medium as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads