Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

3. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

if anyone needs the light grey chambray from this season, small send me a PM. brand new

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

So what do you guys think about the poplin/oxford cloth mashup that Context is carrying?

[​IMG]

I've never owned a true oxford cloth BD from Gitman. I've heard (read in this thread or perhaps a PM?) they can be pretty stiff and unforgiving - to be worn casually - and I'm wondering if this shirt would be a nice compromise of weight..

side note; the context model with the handle bar mustache is really starting to irk me fsr, btw.. [​IMG]. I don't like them tucking in the shirts either -- it doesn't allow you a real look at the shirt and the way it will fit & lay. If it wasn't for the front page photo, I wouldn't have given the shirt a second glance.

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

So what do you guys think about the poplin/oxford cloth mashup that Context is carrying?

[​IMG]

I've never owned a true oxford cloth BD from Gitman. I've heard (read in this thread or perhaps a PM?) they can be pretty stiff and unforgiving - to be worn casually - and I'm wondering if this shirt would be a nice compromise of weight..

side note; the context model with the handle bar mustache is really starting to irk me fsr, btw.. [​IMG]. I don't like them tucking in the shirts either -- it doesn't allow you a real look at the shirt and the way it will fit & lay. If it wasn't for the front page photo, I wouldn't have given the shirt a second glance.

I really like the idea of a poplin/oxford mash-up; seems like a great mix of body and airiness. I have a number of Gitman OCBDs, and the fabric heft is what I specifically like about it. I wouldn't call those shirts stiff.

As for the handlebar moustache guy, he's goofy alright, but I guess they're going for a bit of whimsy. I'd like to see him in a Vaudeville outfit. [​IMG]

I wear my shirts tucked in almost all the time, so I like seeing them tucked like that. Of course, I realize I'm in the minority on this forum in that regard.

- K

6. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

Picked up an Oxford today. Fits great aside from the back having a lot of extra fabric. If I take it to the tailor should I have him just take in the sides to get rid of the extra fabric in the back or should I have him dart it? Thanks. btw im 6' 147 wearing a size small.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

these are box pleats right? try ironing the pleat before slimming stuff down. Looks fine from here.

8. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

got the gitman x oc leopard in today. sized up 1, fit is perfect. a little long, but ill tuck it.

9. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

these are box pleats right? try ironing the pleat before slimming stuff down. Looks fine from here.

Good call dude, helped out a ton.

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Picked up an Oxford today....]

Looks great to me. What size jacket do you wear, if you don't mind me asking?

11. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Being in between sizes is a pain, hopefully it's manageable though. I ordered a Medium over a Small due to the P2P/chest measurement, but the shoulders will be slightly off. Then there's the matter of length, but I guess shortening a shirt is neither expensive nor complicated at a tailor.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I really like their OCBD fabric. It is substantial, but I wouldn't call it stiff. The cut is definitely slimmer than some of their other shirts.

For example, the chambray, in comparison, has longer sleeves, longer length and less slim in the same size. I took my chambray to my tailor and she hated the box pleat--so we took it out and added darts while shortening the length. Now it's perfect. [​IMG]

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I got the poplin/oxford cloth mashup from context [​IMG]

looking forward to checking it out...

15. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I got the poplin/oxford cloth mashup from context [​IMG] looking forward to checking it out...
    are the oxfords cut smaller than last seasons? i know there was talk of this but i didnt follow the conversation. i gotta get my brother in law a fucking birthday gift. measurements on the context site still accurate?