• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

skrz

Reaction score
just to throw my name in there - if anyone has baron wells chinos in orange (30), i'll be glad to pick them up from you.

plewandowski

Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for chinos/khakis/dress pants that are slim through the thigh and knee but then have a regular fit at the bottom, so kind of a small taper out at the bottom. Something like 8-8.5" opening. Actually looks like these could fit the bill if they had my size online: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&sectionsize=# Any other ones that might fit similarly? ---------- Something just a touch loser up top and through knee to this picture but then a slight outward taper below the knee:
bw2.jpg
But then something closer to this below the knee and to the hem:
GAPMENPANTS002.jpg
Reason being is I am a pretty skinny dude and I have tried on several slim fit khakis and they have seemed to fit like skinny jeans at the bottom, but I am looking for something that will fit nicely over the shoe with slight break and not like skinny jeans at the bottom. (They fit good at top and knee though) Kind of boot cut, but not fully; but I guess could be considered a slim fit with a "straight leg style" opening chino. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! Phil

*#..

Reaction score
^You're a new user, so if you haven't looked them up yet, I'd get epaulet rivet chinos. Can't speak highly enough about them, they have their own affiliate thread here. I'm a slim guy myself, and the quality and fit is top-notch.

plewandowski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
^You're a new user, so if you haven't looked them up yet, I'd get epaulet rivet chinos. Can't speak highly enough about them, they have their own affiliate thread here. I'm a slim guy myself, and the quality and fit is top-notch.

Thanks much for the lead, I will definitely track down the thread you mention.

plewandowski

Reaction score
Actually does look like these Brooks Brothers Slim Fit Five-Pocket Vintage Chinos would be perfect, slim through thigh and knee, but then wider opening at bottom. Too bad they only have waist 33 and above online when I need a 31... Anything else comparable that anyone can think of?
tumblr_l7d9rubRNp1qbhnx1.png
Sideview.png

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carhartt makes some awesome chinos. Too bad there's only 3 or 4 retailers in North America.

evesadam

Reaction score
Where do you store your personal effects: keys, wallet, phone, etc. when wearing your slims? It seems like stowing these items in pockets is going to mess up the clean lines.

Manbag? Money clip? What are your alternatives when you're not able to carry a bag around?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Carhartt makes some awesome chinos. Too bad there's only 3 or 4 retailers in North America.

Are you referring to the 1922 series or the Japanese/Euro models? I tried on the 1922 at Jcrew and found them to be extremely "traditional" fit -- hi rise, stovepipe legs -- which is the point, I guess. Great fabric.

Just FYI:

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evesadam
Where do you store your personal effects: keys, wallet, phone, etc. when wearing your slims? It seems like stowing these items in pockets is going to mess up the clean lines.

Manbag? Money clip? What are your alternatives when you're not able to carry a bag around?

I'm guilty of manbaggery. I also use a really slim money clip/card holder wallet -- holds about 4 $20s and 4 cards.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peter1
I'm guilty of manbaggery. I also use a really slim money clip/card holder wallet -- holds about 4 $20s and 4 cards.

A friend of mine yesterday commented "nice purse" to my billykirk # 95 bag.
That check's been in the mail for a while.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peter1
Are you referring to the 1922 series or the Japanese/Euro models? I tried on the 1922 at Jcrew and found them to be extremely "traditional" fit -- hi rise, stovepipe legs -- which is the point, I guess. Great fabric.

Just FYI:

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/

I'm referring to the WIP line. I wouldn't touch the regular line with a 10 foot pole.

The Sid chinos are an amazing pair of slim cut chinos. The Station pant is a bit looser but still maintains a flattering silhouette.

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/products...larfit/I007390

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/products...limfit/I003367

You can buy the Station pant online from Haven (keep in mind they fit a bit big) - http://havenshop.ca/collections/carhartt

Amazing line; highly underrated.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a slimmer fitting chino than J Crews Urban Slim Fit? I liked these for a while but even these are looking too baggy on me. I'm thin, 5'8" 135 pounds. The thighs kind of stick out on the sides and they have ripples all over making them look baggy. I think the thigh and seat are too big. Any tips?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads