Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. skrz

skrz Senior member

just to throw my name in there - if anyone has baron wells chinos in orange (30), i'll be glad to pick them up from you.

2. kapli

kapli Member

3. plewandowski

plewandowski New Member

Hey all, I am looking for chinos/khakis/dress pants that are slim through the thigh and knee but then have a regular fit at the bottom, so kind of a small taper out at the bottom. Something like 8-8.5" opening. Actually looks like these could fit the bill if they had my size online: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&sectionsize=# Any other ones that might fit similarly? ---------- Something just a touch loser up top and through knee to this picture but then a slight outward taper below the knee: [​IMG] But then something closer to this below the knee and to the hem: [​IMG] Reason being is I am a pretty skinny dude and I have tried on several slim fit khakis and they have seemed to fit like skinny jeans at the bottom, but I am looking for something that will fit nicely over the shoe with slight break and not like skinny jeans at the bottom. (They fit good at top and knee though) Kind of boot cut, but not fully; but I guess could be considered a slim fit with a "straight leg style" opening chino. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! Phil

4. *#..

*#.. Senior member

^You're a new user, so if you haven't looked them up yet, I'd get epaulet rivet chinos. Can't speak highly enough about them, they have their own affiliate thread here. I'm a slim guy myself, and the quality and fit is top-notch.

5. plewandowski

plewandowski New Member

^You're a new user, so if you haven't looked them up yet, I'd get epaulet rivet chinos. Can't speak highly enough about them, they have their own affiliate thread here. I'm a slim guy myself, and the quality and fit is top-notch.

Thanks much for the lead, I will definitely track down the thread you mention.

6. McCurry

McCurry Senior member

Anybody can enlighten me on how the fit for UniqloChino's are? Thanks!

7. plewandowski

plewandowski New Member

Actually does look like these Brooks Brothers Slim Fit Five-Pocket Vintage Chinos would be perfect, slim through thigh and knee, but then wider opening at bottom. Too bad they only have waist 33 and above online when I need a 31... Anything else comparable that anyone can think of? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Carhartt makes some awesome chinos. Too bad there's only 3 or 4 retailers in North America.

10. evesadam

evesadam Member

Where do you store your personal effects: keys, wallet, phone, etc. when wearing your slims? It seems like stowing these items in pockets is going to mess up the clean lines.

Manbag? Money clip? What are your alternatives when you're not able to carry a bag around?

11. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Carhartt makes some awesome chinos. Too bad there's only 3 or 4 retailers in North America.

Are you referring to the 1922 series or the Japanese/Euro models? I tried on the 1922 at Jcrew and found them to be extremely "traditional" fit -- hi rise, stovepipe legs -- which is the point, I guess. Great fabric.

Just FYI:

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/

12. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Where do you store your personal effects: keys, wallet, phone, etc. when wearing your slims? It seems like stowing these items in pockets is going to mess up the clean lines.

Manbag? Money clip? What are your alternatives when you're not able to carry a bag around?

I'm guilty of manbaggery. I also use a really slim money clip/card holder wallet -- holds about 4 $20s and 4 cards.

13. meso

meso Senior member

I'm guilty of manbaggery. I also use a really slim money clip/card holder wallet -- holds about 4 $20s and 4 cards.

A friend of mine yesterday commented "nice purse" to my billykirk # 95 bag.
    That check's been in the mail for a while.

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Are you referring to the 1922 series or the Japanese/Euro models? I tried on the 1922 at Jcrew and found them to be extremely "traditional" fit -- hi rise, stovepipe legs -- which is the point, I guess. Great fabric.

Just FYI:

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/

I'm referring to the WIP line. I wouldn't touch the regular line with a 10 foot pole.

The Sid chinos are an amazing pair of slim cut chinos. The Station pant is a bit looser but still maintains a flattering silhouette.

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/products...larfit/I007390

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/products...limfit/I003367

You can buy the Station pant online from Haven (keep in mind they fit a bit big) - http://havenshop.ca/collections/carhartt

Amazing line; highly underrated.

15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Can anyone recommend a slimmer fitting chino than J Crews Urban Slim Fit? I liked these for a while but even these are looking too baggy on me. I'm thin, 5'8" 135 pounds. The thighs kind of stick out on the sides and they have ripples all over making them look baggy. I think the thigh and seat are too big. Any tips?