• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kensington
Can anyone recommend a slimmer fitting chino than J Crews Urban Slim Fit? I liked these for a while but even these are looking too baggy on me. I'm thin, 5'8" 135 pounds. The thighs kind of stick out on the sides and they have ripples all over making them look baggy. I think the thigh and seat are too big. Any tips?

Read the thread. It's the reason why it exists.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a slimmer fitting chino than J Crews Urban Slim Fit? I liked these for a while but even these are looking too baggy on me. I'm thin, 5'8" 135 pounds. The thighs kind of stick out on the sides and they have ripples all over making them look baggy. I think the thigh and seat are too big. Any tips?

Yeah those suck ass. They do look baggy too me as well. Dockers Waders, if still sold have a substantially better fit-- cut like the chinos commonly worn by chaps in italy. Better damn cheap as well.

velomane

Reaction score

Well, I'm 5'8" and 135 pounds as well, and I like to Wings and Horns West Point Chinos, size 30, down one size for me. In fact, I like them so much, I have four pairs. You may have to shop around and be patient if the full retail price is a bit much for you. You can see a pair here.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
Well, I'm 5'8" and 135 pounds as well, and I like to Wings and Horns West Point Chinos, size 30, down one size for me. In fact, I like them so much, I have four pairs. You may have to shop around and be patient if the full retail price is a bit much for you. You can see a pair here.
Those look really fantastic in the pic. I'll wait for a deal on those. Thanks for the tip.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Yeah those suck ass. They do look baggy too me as well. Dockers Waders, if still sold have a substantially better fit-- cut like the chinos commonly worn by chaps in italy. Better damn cheap as well.
I don't see any "waders" on their website? Did they change the name? I see slim fit and extra slim fit though.

wangvicous

Reaction score
The waders are apparently the same cut as the SF tapered except the waders were only available in 30 inseam

Flartchy

Reaction score
I'm thin, 5'8" 135 pounds.
Well, I'm 5'8" and 135 pounds as well
whoa I'm 5'8 135 lbs too!
biggrin.gif

Trungtastic

Reaction score
Anyone have any measurements or comparisons between the brooks brothers milano and j crew urban slim fit or dockers waders?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trungtastic
Anyone have any measurements or comparisons between the brooks brothers milano and j crew urban slim fit or dockers waders?

Waders are the slimmest by far. Look great on a skinny guy like me, I had to size up one from my usual 30. Milano is not bad but has some pocket/hip flare, def more suited for biz/casual. Tried on urban slim, doesn't work for me at all.

Trungtastic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skitlets
Waders are the slimmest by far. Look great on a skinny guy like me, I had to size up one from my usual 30. Milano is not bad but has some pocket/hip flare, def more suited for biz/casual. Tried on urban slim, doesn't work for me at all.

I had to size up like 2 on the waders. was milano tts?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trungtastic
I had to size up like 2 on the waders. was milano tts?

Pretty much TTS. 31 in waders, 30 in the milano. I get pocket/hip flare with the Milanos though, don't get much wear because of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads