1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

What's the easiest way to measure this w/o a loose tape measurer?

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Laid flat with a ruler would be easiest. Thanks!

3. azif

azif Senior member

Any recommendations for chino's that fit similar to Wings Horns Westpoints for cheaper?

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^ +1. Although I will say this, it's not just the cut that you're buying, the fabric and construction are really really solid. It's obvious as soon as you see them IRL. Plus, the cut, it's slim and tapered but it's done in just such a way that it doesn't feel at all restrictive or 'tight'

5. azif

azif Senior member

Yeah i have a couple of pairs of them. Japanese fabric and made in canada dont come cheap.

The only problem is i've been wearing them so much im guessing will need replacements.

6. brozek

brozek Senior member

My J.Crew urban slim fit chinos (32x34) have 7.75" openings, and my Lands' End Canvas refined slim fit chinos (also 32x34) have 7.5" openings. I'm 6'2, 185 with pretty big calves and thighs from racing bikes, and they're about as slim as I can go.

7. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I wish Dockers would release their Alphas in a K1 style, and I wish they would raid Levi's non-denim Rigid fabric collection. The Levi's 511 british khaki rigids I tried on over the weekend were wicked, but I don't want a patch pocket on my khakis. :/

8. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

I recently ordered three pairs of the Dockers Alphas in my normal size (32x34) and found them too snug from top to bottom. This is a problem I don't often have when finding my size, as I'm pretty slim top to bottom. I ended up returning two pairs, as I wore one pair just to see if I could get used to it. I've worn them around a few times now without washing them to get them a little more stretched out -- I think I can wear them with an untucked shirt now, but still, they fit too much like skinny jeans for my taste.

I picked up a couple pairs of slim fit chinos from Club Monaco, and I'm also going to try the Urban Slim Fit from J. Crew. I think I can work with 7.5" to 8.5" for the leg opening. Someone posted here that the Alphas are 7". If you're going to try them I suggest ordering a size up in the waist.

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I think you'd like the Unis Gio's. IMO they are right in between the Aplhas and Jcrew Urban slims. Alphas are a bit too snug for me, and Urban slims run a bit large rthan i'd like. Gio's are jjjjjuuuusssstttt right :nodding:

10. slimandnone

Thanks, Spencer! I've got my eye on them, although the price is a little painful. But if they are as good as I hope they are, a couple of pairs should do me.

11. Ippo

Ippo Senior member

I would also like to know the answer to this

12. dnna1

dnna1 Senior member

Dockers having 30% off sale ends after today. Copped alpha khakis in safari beige and slim fit soft khaki cords for a total of $70 shipped. Can't beat that....

13. slimandnone

The Alpha Khakis from Dockers have a 7.5" leg opening.

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Exactly. IMO the Unis Gio's blow the Alphas out of the water on quality, style, fit, but at nearly $150 more each after Dockers sales prices, the Alphas are a good buy.

15. Samir

Samir Senior member

I've been looking for some slimmer khakis (mainly for the leg hole) and this Dockers sale looks like the time to buy (although Amazon sells Alphas for only a few bucks more).

For those of you who own them, how does the sizing match up to your normal measurements? I wear a 29/30 normally, but I unfortunately haven't found any local retailers where I could try them on to confirm that.

Also - any chance their 20% discount for signing up for their emails would stack with the current 30% off deal? Doubtful, I'm guessing?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  16. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

I am a TTS 34 and I picked up the Alphas in 34 and they fit perfectly. Just for reference, I normally wear a 33 in JCrew khakis. Try and see if the promo code works on top of the already 30% off... you don't have to purchase (I don't believe) to see what discounts apply...

17. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

They fit TTS in the waist and only accept one promo code at a time.

18. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  19. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

So you've been able to find 33x34 in the Alphas? The Dockers site seems to have almost none (except destroyed wash) in this size...

20. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

You can try macys.com, they only have 4 color choices but you can use the discount codes floating around and buy them at a discount.