• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Think I'm Taking the Plunge: WoW Cataclysm

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Any opinion on The Shattering?

Ask this guy:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WoW still sucks.

I leveled to 85 and raided a little and just couldn't get back into it. Last time the game was really fun was Ulduar.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
WoW still sucks.

I leveled to 85 and raided a little and just couldn't get back into it. Last time the game was really fun was Ulduar.

Are the reports that healer mana and dps agro reverting back to more vanilla style true?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You had to watch your mana more as a healer than you did previously. Tougher to top people off too, so the healing game had a little more decision making rather than spam one button with no consequence.

Aggro can't recall.

Valor

Reaction score
I'd suggest you get the i7-2600 instead of the 6 core i7-970s, I don't think you really ever really utilize all 6 cores and it'd be about twice as expensive for slower speed.

I have dual 24" monitors and it's pretty awesome, I do not play wow though so I don't know anything about cata. A friend of mine played it for a week before quitting "forever."

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
WoW ruins lives. I've seen it happen to my friends.

This. I've seen the full gamut in my time playing, to say it ruins lives is really an understatement. I quit back in August after playing it hardcore for 4+ yrs and haven't looked back since.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got one of the first few Invincibles in the US, then sold my acct for 4 figures.
bigstar[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
This. I've seen the full gamut in my time playing, to say it ruins lives is really an understatement. I quit back in August after playing it hardcore for 4+ yrs and haven't looked back since.

IMO, if it wasn't WoW, people would find something else. It's a symptom, not a cause.

I've played MMOs since beta for vanilla EQ back in about 98. I've spent most of my time in the end game with uber guilds. In that time, I've gotten two graduate degrees, married, and met with some modest success in my career. It's all about balance and not being the dood that falls for the time sinks or has 10 toons all far under the level cap.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
drool.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...t=Combo.619493

Case is fugly though.

Case is super fug.

Don't go back to WoW! I derived most of my fun from that game because of its social aspect, where all my buddies are online doing random ****. Lost its luster quickly when my friends went raid heavy again, lusting after the shinies. Results become more important than the gameplay after a while and sucks the fun right out of the game.

Funny thing is, I was the exact same way with arenas, hitting front page back in season 2 or 3. Losing would make me
ffffuuuu.gif

Nowadays, I have tons more fun cheesing in Starcraft 2.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads