• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight I made stuffed chicken breasts with a fig, gorgonzola, and walnut stuffing; fried fingerlings; and roasted baby artichokes.

XGkOal.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Tonight I made stuffed chicken breasts with a fig, gorgonzola, and walnut stuffing; fried fingerlings; and roasted baby artichokes.

Recipe?

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Made some ribs yesterday, they were OK. Second time smoking.

Today made smoked hamburgers. Those were great. Cooked them a little longer than I should liked but the flavor was fantastic. Fried an egg and had this onion roll... was quite tasty.

Smoked skirt steak on the menu for tomorrow.

A boston butt later in the week.

Straight livin... for the citaaaaaaaaaay!

Although it is going to rain hard tomorrow (maybe)... Hope not!

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Recipe?

Sure. The stuffing was very good.

From Cook's Illustrated:

STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GORGONZOLA, WALNUT, AND FIG FILLING

Published September 1, 1999.

SERVES 4

Two tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries can be substituted for the figs. The chicken breasts can be filled and rolled in advance, then refrigerated for up to 24 hours.

INGREDIENTS

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounces each), tenderloins removed and reserved for another use
1tablespoon unsalted butter
1 small onion , minced
1small clove garlic , minced
2ounces cream cheese , softened
1teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2ounces Gorgonzola cheese , crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
1/4cups chopped walnuts , toasted
3 medium dried figs , chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
1tablespoon dry sherry
1cup unbleached all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2cups bread crumbs (fresh)
3/4cup vegetable oil

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Following illustration 1 below, place each chicken breast on large sheet of plastic wrap, cover with second sheet, and pound with meat pounder or rolling pin until ¼-inch thick throughout. Each pounded breast should measure roughly 6 inches wide and 8 ½ inches long. Cover and refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. Heat butter in medium skillet over low heat until melted; add onion and sautÃ
00a9.png
, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer; set aside. In medium bowl using hand mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Stir in onion mixture, thyme, gorgonzola, walnuts, figs, and sherry; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Place breasts skinned side down on work surface; season with salt and pepper. Following illustrations 2 through 4 below, fill, roll, and wrap each breast. Refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 45 minutes.
4. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread flour in pie plate or shallow baking dish. Beat eggs with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon water in second pie plate or shallow baking dish. Spread bread crumbs in third pie plate or shallow baking dish. Unwrap chicken breasts and roll in flour; shake off excess. Using tongs, roll breasts in egg mixture; let excess drip off. Transfer to bread crumbs; shake pan to roll breasts in crumbs, then press with fingers to help crumbs adhere. Place breaded chicken breasts on large wire rack set over jelly-roll pan.
5. Heat remaining ¾ cup oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering, but not smoking, about 4 minutes; add chicken, seam side down, and cook until medium golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn each roll and cook until medium golden brown on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Return chicken rolls, seam side down, to wire rack set over jelly-roll pan; bake until deep golden brown and instant-read thermometer inserted into center of each roll registers 155 degrees, about 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing each roll crosswise diagonally into 5 medallions; arrange on individual dinner plates and serve.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicken Marsala was the first thing I learned how to cook; my Italian grandmother taught me.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garden Salad, Roast Chicken, Moroccan spiced lentils, mix of Turnip, Beet, Kale, and Chard greens.
chicken.JPG

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude - negative space is for skinny people and restaurants. When I eat at home, I fill my space with things I can eat.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's a lentil. I sneezed before taking that picture.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
I really do find this subforum to be motivational and inspiring. How'd it turn out?

Taste was really nice, not the most aesthetically pleasing meal. Just made the posted recipe and put it on a bed of bowtie pasta. Not picture worthy. I struggle with not making meals one dimensional.

I don't have very good knife skills, or even a lot of experience with "good" food. My family never cooked growing up and we didn't eat at great restaurants, I lived in the sticks. So, I've been learning on my own which isn't easy. I know my palate and skills are improving since my wife and I really don't like eating at places we once enjoyed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads