• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

dawei94

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
the pocket design on the strike gold is not even fun at all.
I think its ok, and to be honest, from a distance, the white leaf of the PBJ, looks like there's a piece of gum on your ass, although I'll most likely get a pair eventually. Back pocket design isn't a big deal.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the leaf. Embrace the leaf.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dawei94
I think its ok, and to be honest, from a distance, the white leaf of the PBJ, from a distance, looks like there's a piece of gum on your ass, although I'll most likely get a pair eventually. Back pocket design isn't a big deal.

its not a white leaf, its an indigo leaf.

the sg design you can tell was very well thought out. i guess it can always be removed though.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been about a week and a half of proper wear in my PBJ 007s.. holy **** these stretched a lot in the waist.

I remember the first time I wore them there was so much pressure on my belly that my stomach actually got upset after eating some food.

The thighs are still a bit tight but they've definitely stretched a little.

P.S. the rise on these is so low that I'm definitely flashing my boxers and the skin of my back when I'm sitting down and leaning forward on a table. Makes me a bit self conscious.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Been about a week and a half of proper wear in my PBJ 007s.. holy **** these stretched a lot in the waist. I remember the first time I wore them there was so much pressure on my belly that my stomach actually got upset after eating some food. The thighs are still a bit tight but they've definitely stretched a little. P.S. the rise on these is so low that I'm definitely flashing my boxers and the skin of my back when I'm sitting down and leaning forward on a table. Makes me a bit self conscious.
yeah, most pbjs are low-rise. they are not for everyone. bitches like them because they make you look like you have a huge winky. one of the nice things about pbjs is they look great fitted and worn a little lower.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
yeah, the one complaint i have is that they have a terrible case of knee bulge going on..

As can probably be gathered, I recently had issues with my 007s; size issues esp. in conjunction with workout results beginning to show in my thighs. Beyond that little adventure, I gave the jeans a wash, and then took a ton of time stretching the thighs out by hand. Managed to get maybe .3 inches out of each.

But in relation to GreenFrog - the knees and lower leg came in and shrunk up even more than they had been. Maybe try getting them wet again and see if it will reset the uneven knee bulge. After 4 months and now three submersions in water (principal soak and two washes since) I've continued to get shrinkage each time.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its not a white leaf, its an indigo leaf.

the sg design you can tell was very well thought out. i guess it can always be removed though.

I thought the only PBJ model with an indigo leaf is the XX-013? All of the others that I've had had the white leaf.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I thought the only PBJ model with an indigo leaf is the XX-013? All of the others that I've had had the white leaf.

they might use different color threads on different models ... my point was that the design is an indigo leaf. i was being sarcastic.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
As can probably be gathered, I recently had issues with my 007s; size issues esp. in conjunction with workout results beginning to show in my thighs. Beyond that little adventure, I gave the jeans a wash, and then took a ton of time stretching the thighs out by hand. Managed to get maybe .3 inches out of each.

But in relation to GreenFrog - the knees and lower leg came in and shrunk up even more than they had been. Maybe try getting them wet again and see if it will reset the uneven knee bulge. After 4 months and now three submersions in water (principal soak and two washes since) I've continued to get shrinkage each time.

after a wash your 007 shrinks in the lower leg. might be interesting.

tehbry

Reaction score
Looking for sizing help on the xx-011. Looking at BiG, it looks like most people size down 1? Is that the general consensus?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they might use different color threads on different models ... my point was that the design is an indigo leaf. i was being sarcastic.

That makes sense, the leaf is from the indigo plant. I didn't even think of that, I always thought it was just a random leaf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads