• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 2.0

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man dc is still sold out everywhere
frown.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha well I may have an extra one now. 16gb wifi. I had a pact with a friend that we'd buy iPads for each other if we saw them in stock. Ironically, He texted me saying he found one around the same time I found them. 16gb Black wifi. PM if interested. I'll probably return it.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Finding that I don't really use my iPad as much lately, just stays upstairs by my bed. One person is just not really enough to maximize a day's use from an iPad, an iPhone, a MacBook, and a desktop Mac, unless each has a fairly succinct purpose. My iPhone gets pounded with use from the time I wake up til the time I get home, and then I use my laptop for hardkoar styleforumming; the iPad is kinda detached from any kind of real functional purpose because I don't like typing on it, nor is browsing really that convenient if you're like me and like the combination of speed you get from the interface+input devices of a conventional computer.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Finding that I don't really use my iPad as much lately, just stays upstairs by my bed. One person is just not really enough to maximize a day's use from an iPad, an iPhone, a MacBook, and a desktop Mac, unless each has a fairly succinct purpose. My iPhone gets pounded with use from the time I wake up til the time I get home, and then I use my laptop for hardkoar styleforumming; the iPad is kinda detached from any kind of real functional purpose because I don't like typing on it, nor is browsing really that convenient if you're like me and like the combination of speed you get from the interface+input devices of a conventional computer.

This is my perception, so I am not getting one.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
if you're not drawn to the iPad, the small MacBook Air is a better piece to schlep around for using on the sofa or sitting on your stomach to watch videos.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You want me to proxy for you PSG? The stores in my area are pretty well stocked. It'll be a long ship since I'm in FL but I'm happy to help out.

Thanks for the offer!

I am going to order it on-line today and then check with the Apple store. If it comes in soon I will just cancel the on-line order.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasnt sure if I would use it a lot but my MacBook has been collecting dust in the desk since i've picked this thing up. Got a wireless keyboard for it for hardcore processing, but haven't really needed it as of yet. GREAT for the classroom so far.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I bought a keyboard last summer, but have used it only two or three times.

KBW

Reaction score
I made a trip to the Apple store on my old campus to buy an iPad but left with a new Air. Didn't really like the iPad as much as I thought I would

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
man dc is still sold out everywhere
frown.gif

FWIW - I had a meeting in Annapolis on Thursday and swung by the Apple Store at Westfield, on the off chance. Not an issue - they had plenty in stock.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone pick up either a black or white 32gb? i can't seeem to find it anywhere...
ffffuuuu.gif

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen any availability in NYC? I called up radio shacks and best buy and they were all out. And the Apple Store has a line at 8 AM every day because chinese resellers keep buying these things up.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Officially don't need this second iPad I picked up so if you can't find one hit me up. I'm going to post it later when I get home from my weekend trip. Im not looking to make a buck, just covering tax, fees, etc. I can always return it too which just might be easier but I'll help someone out.

16GB, black Wifi only.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
Yeah I wasnt sure if I would use it a lot but my MacBook has been collecting dust in the desk since i've picked this thing up. Got a wireless keyboard for it for hardcore processing, but haven't really needed it as of yet. GREAT for the classroom so far.
Interesting. What do you do with it in the classroom?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads