• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urban Aesthetics

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanAesthetics
OK Folks. The link is my signature now. I am relatively new to this site and throughout this forum, I learned that I can do that. Relax. It's still not going to stop me from being around around offering people advise. That's what this Forum is ALL about. To learn from each other. Regardless I'm doing my thing and doing something positive for myself and its so refreshing to see people either defend me or completely trash my entire agenda of my blog. Its only words of encouragement to me...

thanks for telling us what this forum is all about, dude who joined 2 months ago

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I find it funny that he claims many people do not know what 'NYC Urban Fashion" really is implying that someone died and made him King of NYC Urban Fashion

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Many of you same dudes that hate on my blog have no idea or any relation to what urban NYC fashion is about or what it even represents.

uh... there are tons of good NY street style blogs on the web covering all different types of styles including urban... i would have to say for comparison from the few outfits i saw on your site that you're doing it entirely wrong, not to mention a lot of your outfits feel forced or that you're trying too hard. some really, really bad accessories too. almost feel tempted to go track one of the better ones down to help you out, cuz you could clearly use some help.

anyway, this thread has potential
lurker[1].gif

UrbanAesthetics

Reaction score
I never said I was King of anything. People like you generalize way too much. And so what if I joined two months ago? I'm not on this all the time. I come here to offer advise, not to talk to anyone. It really defeats the purpose of forums. If some of you guys sign on here to just hate, talk **** amongst each other and try to bring people down, you are but the lamest of people that I've ever encountered. Go do something positive for yourself and maybe try talking to some ladies once in a while...
lol8[1].gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
And so what if I joined two months ago?

Not all forums have the same customs and purpose. This isn't so much of an advice forum as a discussion forum with a few threads delegated to advice. You're in no position to tell members here what this forum is and isn't about.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
+1. There are a couple of advice threads - the Ultimate noob/recommend me "x" in my wardrobe thread, which is pinned at the top of the page, is probably the most appropriate one - and occasionally someone new to the forum will ask for advice in another thread.

Outside of that, this really isn't a place to spout advice of dubious quality to people who probably won't listen to you anyway. You bill yourself as an authoratitive fashion maven, which may be ok within the comfort of your own blog, but comes across as somewhat arrogant and clueless here.

If you want to participate in the forum - and I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't - I recommend you spend some time lurking and not posting. Hell, I read the entire "random fasion thoughts" thread before I started posting here regularly.

Also, your photos are pretty low-quality and your outfits are flamboyant and silly. If you're going to blog about how amazingly stylish you are, you should really get a better camera (and a tripod) and learn to take pictures that show your entire outfit in natural light. Bad photos and poor lighting come across as amateurish at best.

Lastly, take a good look at the WAYWT thread - particularly the fits that people like - and compare those to this:
tumblr_lhvjfe2K0d1qfqahwo1_500.jpg

(You can thank me later for linking to a photo on your blog, which should increase your web traffic statistics.)

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never said I was King of anything. People like you generalize way too much. And so what if I joined two months ago? I'm not on this all the time. I come here to offer advise, not to talk to anyone. It really defeats the purpose of forums. If some of you guys sign on here to just hate, talk **** amongst each other and try to bring people down, you are but the lamest of people that I've ever encountered. Go do something positive for yourself o maybe try talking to some ladies once in a while...
lol8[1].gif

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

morefishscale

Reaction score
UrbanAesthetics,

I understand what you are trying to do as far as driving more traffic to your blog, but you aren't going about it the right way. There are threads like "Post Your Tumblr" or "Post Your Blog" for a reason, and that's where you should advertise your link. Acquiring consistent readership is a very tough thing to do, and it's something earn. How? Quality content and authenticity (i.e. - you state that you want to show a different side of timeless/classic men's style, but you're just another blog with the same content as the next "fashionista".), are two ways to get the ball rolling.

If fashion blogging is really your passion, you have to work on it. It really is a craft that you have to study and work on. Advertising your link on every thread isn't the right way to go about it. You'll just piss people off in which, in the looks of it, have already.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

UrbanAesthetics

Reaction score
I appreciate the positive/tough love feedback. I can see where you guys are coming from and understand your reasons behind your words. I understand my pics are low quality but it's all in the creative growth of my blog. I recently got a professional photographer that''' give my photos better quality. You live and learn. People forget I'm only 19 and learning from people who know the game is always useful.

Much love and respect to you guys. It'll only get better...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads