• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

matstyleku

Reaction score
Is there a thread that features SF member's closets? I'm trying to re-organize my closet and want some ideas.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Sorry, the pics are Manton's shoes and therefore not AEs. I was using his feet for illustrative purposes only.

Here are the AEs to which I was referring.

I later answered my own question by trying both methods. The crisscross method won out due to the aforementioned impressions left by the laces. The bar lacing just didn't look right.

IMO, bar lacing (or some variant thereof) looks much better on balmorals than on bluchers such as the AEs you posted.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matstyleku
Is there a thread that features SF member's closets? I'm trying to re-organize my closet and want some ideas.

There was one a while back. I assume you tried the search function.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
What would be the easiest way to find a DISCOUNTED Canali Milano suit in a 38R...when these are not even available in my City at all...

Feel free to PM me too!

Thanks!

I'd try Ebay since they pop up every so often.

Deezo

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like some help regarding sizing and fit for these LL Bean bluchers I wanna get online. Not familiar with American sizes. I'm a EU 41.5 / 42 depending on the fit of the shoe, generally a 42. What would be the US equivalent? I also have wide feet. I've been told that general US sizes run a bit wide, should I chance the wider fit or go safe with the medium?

Thanks
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11575?feat=592-GN1

dasai

Reaction score
What kind of fabric is this? The tag (it's a blazer) says 100% wool, but I don't recognize the weave.

cb41ed05.jpg

I apologize in advance if this is obvious to some, but I'm still learning about cloth.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dasai
What kind of fabric is this? The tag (it's a blazer) says 100% wool, but I don't recognize the weave.

I apologize in advance if this is obvious to some, but I'm still learning about cloth.

That photo is a little blurry, but it kinda' looks like hopsack which is a very common fabric for blazers.

Cortis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deezo
Hi,
I'd like some help regarding sizing and fit for these LL Bean bluchers I wanna get online. Not familiar with American sizes. I'm a EU 41.5 / 42 depending on the fit of the shoe, generally a 42. What would be the US equivalent? I also have wide feet. I've been told that general US sizes run a bit wide, should I chance the wider fit or go safe with the medium?

According to the Zappos.com size chart, a European 42 is a US 8 to 8.5. You might try measuring the length of each foot in inches (also on the size chart) to narrow it down.

The Zappos size chart doesn't cover widths, but the men's size chart (PDF) linked at the bottom of this page might help. Just make sure you print it out at 100% zoom, instead of letting your PDF reader shrink it to fit the page.

Cortis

Reaction score
So far every all-cotton non-iron shirt I've purchased has a permanent crease in the sleeve -- a more formal look than I'm after about 99% of the time. Any way to get rid of this?

Twain

Reaction score
Hey i'm in Los Angeles visiting for the weekend...want to buy a black blazer to wear with jeans and a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors to go clubbing tonight (wanted to go with that look). Any suggestions on some brands of blazers???

Just throw a few out there, it's surely appreciated!

eastvillager

Reaction score
Which is preferable with Black Tie? I would get them a serious shine, obviously. Not opposed to buying a new pair but couldn't find any that I liked. If anyone has any tips for getting some formal shoes in NYC (not looking to drop more than $200), please advise, but otherwise I will just get one of these pairs shined up.
mmpnrb.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads