• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7bil ppl in world, i say go for it

epoc

Reaction score
5563490506_135a6e48dd_z.jpg

Junya
TOJ
APC
Visvim

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
edit: changed to sneakers. More comfortable for walking.

MOK. I like pants with cuff too. But this pants is already cropped/tapered, it looks weird if I cuffs them.

5561604789_5023d31da6_z.jpg

I think they work much better with sneakers. Uncuffed they seemed to lack the visual 'weight' the shoes needed. I'm on the fence on cropped pants anyway
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Thursday in my N&F 21ozers...a little big, so I hot soaked em today and now they're perfect.
IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg
[/SPOILER]

They look a good fit and work nicely with the IRs.
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
199241_911233453958_26712641_46606017_7902603_n.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Dirty mirror, stupid towel rack. Have wanted to post a WAYWT for a while but I'm pretty much unable to due to this lens, will post more once I buy a 35mm and a tripod.

J.Crew Peacoat, some random cashmere scarf.

Looks alright from what I can see. Just take the camera outside, balance it on a wall and use the self-timer (well that's what I do).
Originally Posted by jslade
Took a plunge on a relatively new brand - Baron Wells. Purchased a waxwear parka from them, but I'm unsure of whether or not to keep it. It has great details (like tons of yellow lining, which are unfortunately no-vis in this photo), but feels kinda tight in the shoulders and chest. Thoughts?

YLMPZ.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Baron Wells
Band
J. Crew
Norse Projects
Common Projects

It doesn't look too snug open, but you'd need to post pics of it done up.
Originally Posted by aeglus
Someone wanted me to wear almost all black so I obliged.
tumblr_lio0mesPY31qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lio0p7ZY9r1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
Looks good, but what's with the sudden face removal?

Originally Posted by epoc
5563490506_135a6e48dd_z.jpg
Junya
TOJ
APC
Visvim
Great coat.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday.

All stuff I've worn before, thrown together slightly differently. Last time I wore these pants there was an obvious crotch issue, I think wearing them at a better height and with different underwear the problem's been reduced (surgery wasn't an option) to the point that they're wearable in polite company.

20110326_unbuttoned.jpg

20110326_buttoned.jpg

Heritage Research
Saint James
Uniqlo
Keds

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
That or the wide angle. The 50mm sucks for anything other than closeup portraits.

Be careful if you're going wider than 35mm. Distortion can really screw up fits.

I'm guessing you're a DX rather than FX user?

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're a DX rather than FX user?
Correct. Probably just go with the 35mm since I already ordered it and the tripod, but I'll be experimenting with the wide angle in the next month or two when I'll probably get it and be really excited about it.
smile.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Red Wing Iron Ranger.

Dude why you gonna lie, it's definitely a pair of cp acchilles.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Red Wing Iron Ranger.

yup

Originally Posted by ManofKent

They look a good fit and work nicely with the IRs.

Cheers MoK, the waist was way too big, shrank just enough in the hot soak. Not if only they don't stretch back out.

Originally Posted by scott.m
Dude why you gonna lie, it's definitely a pair of cp acchilles.
laugh.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
wow that is so dope...outfit aint too bad either
wink.gif

for real, both artwork and outfit is on point!!

Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Synthese
gosurface and asobu, absolutely excellent. GS, I particularly love the bottom half - the pants are amazing.

Thanks Synth. I'm in love with the pants.

Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Are those the CdG sarouel shorts or whatever?

No, they're drop crotch dress pants in a light summer weight wool.

Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Synth from a few pages back looks awesome in motion, gosurfurace looks really good but I'm still undecided on the boots

Yeah, I guess they're not for everyone, but I find them to be pretty versatile. Also, they're super comfortable which means I can't seem to take them off.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I'm begining to see the appeal of this drapey layered stuff. Not something I could pull off but you do it well.

Thank MoK. I wanna see you in a drapist look.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
which one? black t is aa viscose, tank under that is nicolas & mark mok I censor my face when the sun gets in my eyes
redface.gif

The tank. I'm curious about trying the tank under tee thing but all of the usual suspects when it comes to cockbibs are way longer than would suit me.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
The tank. I'm curious about trying the tank under tee thing but all of the usual suspects when it comes to cockbibs are way longer than would suit me.

Length doesn't matter, especially under a t since they're always skin tight and you just bunch it at your hips to the length you want. But layering with that kinda stuff is pretty risky.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? A N&M tank under a black tee under a leather or by itself (the way I'm envisioning the look going) is risky? How? I'm honestly curious because I like the look (AA henleys, of all things, have a weird assymetrical hemline/cockbib thing and I like the way it looks poking out of my leather) I just need to figure out how to pull it off the way RFX does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads