• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a good sneaker to travel with (only one I'm taking)

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as the OP and have heard that MMM gats are quite comfortable but would like to keep my options open a little longer.

I plan on bringing a pair for shoes (maybe GATs? True to size?), raw denim, a TOJ leather, tshirts, and some type of backpack for which I have not begun searching.

Also worried about looking way out of place wearing this as I've never been to western Europe and do not want to look like an obvious tourist

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
CP's are great, but after long wear might get a bit uncomfortable, I mean I love my CP's, but not sure I'd love to wear them to death through out Europe.

I'd vote for some Adidas Stan Smiths.

Agreed...took my CP captoes through NYC and Canada...not the best choice. Maybe it was because it was the captoe, but my CP's got a bit uncomfortable after a couple days.

pfurey

Reaction score
my cp's have drawn blood before wearing them without socks, and they're not even tight.

mmm feels like wearing vaginas on your feet. pure sex.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about vans?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
no designer sneaker is gonna be as comfortable as NBs are nikes. cp in particular are really, really uncomfortable.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
facepalm.gif

I was actually about to reply to this thread sincerely until I read that, what is wrong with me

Gee, what a loss
rolleyes.gif

Hany

Reaction score
There's only one brand to consider. Mephisto.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depending on where you are going in europe, buy the sneakers the you get here.

with that said GAT or NB are the way to go.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
how about vans?

honestly dude my vans are not that comfy. they are just canvas uppers which don't really provide much support. fine for walking to class in, but I wouldn't want to buy them as a shoe for walking, you know?

as much as I hate NBs, they are made for walking/running and now that they are sf approved would probably fit the bill better than canvas shoes.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Wear something timeless like sneakers worn by the greeks or something, wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing fashion.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Wear something timeless like sneakers worn by the greeks or something, wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing fashion.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get hold of them, get a pair of last year's Common Projects 5 hole vans. The bi-colored ones are not that versatile, but I have the pair in the all light grey. The nappa leather is really soft, but durable enough, and they are remarkably comfortable for both tramping around in, and for loafing in. I really like my CP Achilles and captoes, but for comfort, those are what you want. They also allow your feet to breath much better than do Margiela sneakers, which will be a factor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics