• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eilzabeth Taylor RIP

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An icon for sure.

RIP

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
West or east of the Bel Air entrance on Sunset?

RIP. My favorite hubby was #8, construction worker Larry Fortensky.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
My favorite hubby was #8, construction worker Larry Fortensky.

Yes, RIP.
I always confused Larry Fortensky with Larry Flynt.
confused.gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
For most of my life, she was one of those people whose fame I didn't understand. She was just an old lady with too much makeup. Another one is Liza Minnelli. I still don't know what she's famous for.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
For most of my life, she was one of those people whose fame I didn't understand. She was just an old lady with too much makeup. Another one is Liza Minnelli. I still don't know what she's famous for.

Liza is probably MOST famous for being Judy Garland's daughter.
Liz was maybe the biggest movie actress of her time in terms of box-office.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
bye bye icon

Liz's face is the one face the humans would choose to put a picture of in that satellite along with other iconic world examples of art and music and science, to show to the aliens.

She's no Donna Reed.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Potato Potahto. I used to walk passed Donna's parents' house every day on my way to and from elementary school. I pined for the day she would be home to visit.
inlove.gif

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like Steven, with a ph, I never knew what the big deal was regarding Elizabeth Taylor, when I was growing up she fit the description Manton gave. I recently watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and I must say she was a smoking hot babe back in the day, very good actress as well.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
She was the Angelina Jolie of her day (more talent and beauty, however). She stole Eddie Fisher right out from under Debbie Reynolds a la Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aniston and it was an even bigger scandal because it was in the '50's.

Not many Old Hollywood like her left anymore.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I think in twenty years, Jennifer Lopez will be one of these people whose fame young people won't understand. All of her music sucks, and all of her movies suck, so everyone will wonder why her hip replacement is a story on Entertainment Tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads