• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eilzabeth Taylor RIP

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
She was a babe.
taylor3_1024x768_jpg.jpg
elizabeth-taylor1.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Do you remember that she owned a huge lot, must have been several acres, on Sunset just west of UCLA that she never built on? I drove by that frequently in the '80s. I had a big limestone wall, not very high, but it was so hilly and elevated you could see most of the property from the street. I can't imagine what just the land is worth today. I don't even know if she finally built or if someone bought it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^
I didn't know that. She must have sold it before I started spending time in LA in mid 90's (I grew up in Laguna).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Conne is not going into work today.
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
^^
I didn't know that. She must have sold it before I started spending time in LA in mid 90's (I grew up in Laguna).

It was famous for a while, the last big undeveloped lot in the Mansion district of west LA. The story was she bought it with some husband (maybe Todd?) and the planned to build on it, but got divorced, she kept it and never built on it but would not sell it.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rest In Peace

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Cleopatra is not a terrible movie. Butterfield 8 is, but so what, it's fun.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
It was famous for a while, the last big undeveloped lot in the Mansion district of west LA. The story was she bought it with some husband (maybe Todd?) and the planned to build on it, but got divorced, she kept it and never built on it but would not sell it.

You sure this land was East on Sunset and not West? I'm trying to think of where you mean, but it must have been developed before I got there.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
her efforts to bring down the social barriers of aids after rock hudson passed away is probably her greatest contribution. rest in peace.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This weekend, I will get very drunk and watch Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in her honor.

RIP

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
her efforts to bring down the social barriers of aids after rock hudson passed away is probably her greatest contribution. rest in peace.
Is that the one that only teh gays can catch?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads