• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Perhaps a good time for NHL to implement Lemieux' propsed fine structure? $1m fine for the team for repeat offenders?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooke is the biggest ************* in the league. How in God's name does he have an "A" on his jersey?!
ffffuuuu.gif

...sonick, nice avatar BTW!

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Also, Cooke suspended rest of regular season and 1st round of Stanley Cup play-offs

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Thanks! Also, Cooke suspended rest of regular season and 1st round of Stanley Cup play-offs
I'd be more impressed if the NHL's discipline wasn't so random. No one is defending Cooke anymore, not Mario, not Shero, not even Bylsma. Giving him 17 games was easy. NOT suspending Chara for a reckless hit because he "had no previous infractions" tells me a lot more about Campbell and Murphy's balls than suspending a POS like Cooke who everyone wants out of the game.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't think you can compare Cooke and Chara. Chara's hit was a minor hit, with just incredibly bad luck involved. Cooke is just out for damage, with a ridiculously blatant elbow.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
I really don't think you can compare Cooke and Chara. Chara's hit was a minor hit, with just incredibly bad luck involved. Cooke is just out for damage, with a ridiculously blatant elbow.

I wasn't trying to compare the two. My point was that Chara's hit was reckless and suspendable but in a grey zone. If they would have suspended him for a game or two that would have shown me that they care enough about player safety to suspend guys for hits that may be "legal" by the letter of the law but are reckless and dangerous anyways.

Suspending Cooke took no courage. Everyone in the league, including Cooke's own team, wanted him to sit out for a long time.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Malhotra out for the season and the playoffs... Vancouver's cup chances just dropped a pretty significant amount. Anyone who's watched them this season knows he plays a huge role in team D and is a big reason why Van is 2nd in PK in the league. After what nearly happened last year in the LA series on the PK and then what DID happen in the last game in Chi, that could be crushing.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good decision by the NHL.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
I'd be more impressed if the NHL's discipline wasn't so random. No one is defending Cooke anymore, not Mario, not Shero, not even Bylsma. Giving him 17 games was easy.

NOT suspending Chara for a reckless hit because he "had no previous infractions" tells me a lot more about Campbell and Murphy's balls than suspending a POS like Cooke who everyone wants out of the game.

The league definitely needs to set standards for suspensions, how can you punish someone with no prior record when your excuse for not punishing them prior was they have no prior record, it's just chicken vs. egg

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Malhotra out for the season and the playoffs... Vancouver's cup chances just dropped a pretty significant amount. Anyone who's watched them this season knows he plays a huge role in team D and is a big reason why Van is 2nd in PK in the league. After what nearly happened last year in the LA series on the PK and then what DID happen in the last game in Chi, that could be crushing.

This is terribly scary, Lapierre/Bolduc/Hodgson should do a better job than Wellwood last year but my confidence isn't quite there yet, it'll be an interesting handful of games before playoffs come around.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six

Just saw this, huge kick ********** for the Nucks. Hope he's okay... broken bones seem to be one thing, but messed up vision? ******. Just means the Flames will have a bit of an easier time come first round of the playoffs
wink.gif

And about Cooke, it would be a great message if Pittsburgh bought out his contract and kicked him to the curb. Only problem is he'd be re-signed in no time flat... just look at Bertuzzi for an example of a guy who continues to succeed despite being a dickmouth of immense proportions.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
This is terribly scary, Lapierre/Bolduc/Hodgson should do a better job than Wellwood last year but my confidence isn't quite there yet, it'll be an interesting handful of games before playoffs come around.

Vancity doesn't exactly have a stellar record in the playoffs either. I like Malhotra's game a lot and the things he does -- win face-offs, play defence, kill penalties -- are crucial in the playoffs. He'll be missed greatly.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Just saw this, huge kick ********** for the Nucks. Hope he's okay... broken bones seem to be one thing, but messed up vision? ******. Just means the Flames will have a bit of an easier time come first round of the playoffs
wink.gif

And about Cooke, it would be a great message if Pittsburgh bought out his contract and kicked him to the curb. Only problem is he'd be re-signed in no time flat... just look at Bertuzzi for an example of a guy who continues to succeed despite being a dickmouth of immense proportions.

He'd be resigned but his name is so tarnished that it would take at least a full season or two. Most Eastern Conference teams wouldn't touch the guy, that's for sure.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
He'd be resigned but his name is so tarnished that it would take at least a full season or two. Most Eastern Conference teams wouldn't touch the guy, that's for sure.

True. He's a good player though, that's what makes it worse in a way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads