• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll be good to check back the next couple days. Perhaps an employee seperated them and the shoes were tossed in a cart of more shoes to be put out later on. Lots of stores seperate household items and clothing/accessories and put them out seperately. I see shoe trees and nice hangers put out in the household carts all the time.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMayle
picked up a couple pairs of Bills Khakis today, I finally understand what all the fuss was about, these things are great.

I visited family in Arkansas last week. I thought that thrifting would be weak there but gave it a try. Among my finds were this pair of Oxxford wool khakis and this pair of Bill's Bullard Field Pants.

I agree that Bill's Khakis are a big deal. When you pick up a pair which seems noticeably heavier, look inside and hope to see this tag. I have only found two pairs of BFP's in my several years of thrifting.

z796.jpg

z797.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are all bills cut really baggy? i've got big legs, but a pair i bought off b&S were HUGE on me. ended up giving them away. no way to even tailor them down.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
are all bills cut really baggy? i've got big legs, but a pair i bought off b&S were HUGE on me. ended up giving them away. no way to even tailor them down.

If you go on the Bills website, they have several styles of cuts.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
If you go on the Bills website, they have several styles of cuts.

All of which are pretty big. I had good luck with M3s that my tailor tapered to something a little more reasonable.

GREAT pants, though.

JMayle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Smith
I visited family in Arkansas last week. I thought that thrifting would be weak there but gave it a try. Among my finds were this pair of Oxxford wool khakis and this pair of Bill's Bullard Field Pants.

I agree that Bill's Khakis are a big deal. When you pick up a pair which seems noticeably heavier, look inside and hope to see this tag. I have only found two pairs of BFP's in my several years of thrifting.

One pair I found are M2 Bullard Field Pants, other are tagged CM2, I'm not sure if they differ from regular M2's or not. These things are great though, really makes up for being blanked at 2 other places.

JMayle

Reaction score
Forgot to mention a picked up a Polo button down in hunting stewart tartan (which is nothing special, but is right up my alley) that someone had sew MOP buttons on for some reason.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMayle
One pair I found are M2 Bullard Field Pants.....

Then that is a great find. That model retailed for $185 and is no longer made.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RemyMichel
Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the average price you got for your hermes ties over the years?

Also found last two weeks:

Made in Germany khaki hugo boss cord suit size 40 good condition,

khaki Borrelli slacks single pleat size 50 or 34 like brand new

brand new Brioni pants double pleated weird colour green/ khaki

Henry Bucks suede leather belt, one size too small, loved it though wish it fit me

Brand new without tags Silk and wool Hugo Boss Sportscoat, no vents, my dad loved it... till i told him it was from an opp shop hahaha!!

ties galore, including a PAL ZALERI with contrast rope stitching on the back (never seen before)

Also what are this threads thoughts on a medium used tiny black and white birds eye Brioni SC w vents, perhaps 10 yrs old?

its 20 bucks worth a flip?? it has great lines.

lowest was $40 highest was $90 so somewheer in between,i would say $50 on average

vicco

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm a new user and long time lurker. Just wanted to alert folks to the 50% Value World sale. Visit their site and click on the main banner to print the coupon.

My find today was a Van Boven shirt, a tailor from town that sadly no longer exists.
P1020436-e1300310921967.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not too sure about the value of Brooks Brothers stuff, but I found these two jackets earlier today- they didn't feel very expensive at all and one was linen but are they worth anything? 90% chance they'll still be there tomorrow if they're worth anything. Thanks if anyone knows about these.
IMG_20110316_154209.jpg
IMG_20110316_154357.jpg
IMG_20110316_154330.jpg
IMG_20110316_154232.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads