• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Erm because by the standards and tastes of just about everyone here your stuff is gaudy and tacky, it's just a question of the degree to which that is the case.

The jeans wash itself is pretty bad but really the contrast between a really washed out distressed light grey and totally flat black boots it's jarring. White and black you can colour block, but it's a totally different effect with those washed things.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Erm because by the standards and tastes of just about everyone here your stuff is gaudy and tacky, it's just a question of the degree to which that is the case.

OK, but that doesn't mean I don't find elements of advice/knowledge here to adapt for myself.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
round and round we go
revolve.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I dunno I really don't see how the lighter bottoms don't work? Maybe it's too gaudy to pair almost-white jeans with all black? I feel like the black boots balance out the black in the top half. I think it would've been too flat with black jeans. Oh well. I'm really happy with this one :3

AR_Six you say I don't post for feedback every time and it's such BS. Maybe you don't see it but I've taken a lot of feedback at this board to heart. Just because I'm not dressed like other members here doesn't mean I'm ignorant to the advice and knowledge displayed here.

oh no, its just my preference for them

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
OK, but that doesn't mean I don't find elements of advice/knowledge here to adapt for myself.
Fair enough, but what you seem to do is to take peoples' comments, filter them so as to align with your own, significantly different perspective and act on that. Which isn't so much taking advice as it is interpreting peoples' comments in such a way as to support what you already thought to be right. I mean if you operate from a completely polar-opposite starting point (tacky is good vs. tacky is bad) and don't diverge from it, I don't see how you can logically be said to be taking advice. Anyway, this is already starting to look like another 5 page Uncontrolfest, so I'll just leave it at that, you can PM me if you care about this.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Had second thoughts as I walked off and decided I don't want to bandwagon troll your fit unc. Obv you put some work into it.

Everything fits really good. I envy your hair, which is the dealbreaker for your fits most of the time. Make-up and all that stuff is totally your choice... I reckon it's needless, but whatever floats your boat.

Only thing I can really criticize is your bag. It's really tacky, and the coins strewn along the side make it look like some sort of douchey versace purse. I'd get something with a little less embellishment.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Fair enough, but what you seem to do is to take peoples' comments, filter them so as to align with your own, significantly different perspective and act on that. Which isn't so much taking advice as it is interpreting peoples' comments in such a way as to support what you already thought to be right. I mean if you operate from a completely polar-opposite starting point (tacky is good vs. tacky is bad) and don't diverge from it, I don't see how you can logically be said to be taking advice. Anyway, this is already starting to look like another 5 page Uncontrolfest, so I'll just leave it at that, you can PM me if you care about this.

so basically i shouldn't adapt advice and instead just take it wholesale and go in the complete opposite direction of my aesthetic? pass

Originally Posted by CrazyJew
dude really lol

you don't have the balls to wear makeup in public. someone might call you a ****** and your precious little heart couldn't handle that

Originally Posted by Synthese
nnnngaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

???

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Only thing I can really criticize is your bag. It's really tacky, and the coins strewn along the side make it look like some sort of douchey versace purse. I'd get something with a little less embellishment.

I could do without the coins on the side tbh, but they're there, and they don't bother me. I would probably buy a douchey Versace purse.

transient

Reaction score
holy jacket

uncontroll's jeans are fine, the whole outfit doesn't need to be a muted shadow. but the boots don't look quite right, looks matte, doesn't match the overall texture of the top. wear blacker boots, dark gray might look awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads