• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
its ridiculous. the alden shoe bags aren't even that nice (I have several sets). I would rather wrap my dress shoes in an undershirt... its so nitpicky and annoying. if you're so crushed you're missing your tacky branded shoe bags, just call one of the dozen US alden boutiques and im sure they'll mail you some bags for free.
Or you can buy 'em here: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...LAID=791398801 But these don't look like the larger boot ones. Or buy the $10. Allen Edmonds ones I link to above. (Also just for shoes, not boots).

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding "ridiculous" to teger again, I'll post this for those who care :

Hi XXXX,

Thank you so much for your feedback about our Alden Boots not coming in
a Alden Box or coming to you with the Alden shoe bags. We appreciate
every customer's opinion and your ideas have been forwarded to the
appropriate team. The thoughts and views of our customers are very
important to us and we thank you again for taking the time to provide us
honest feedback.

If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please feel
free to contact me directly. I have provided my contact information
below for your convenience.

In other words: whatever dude, your feedback goes right to the circular file team.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know this will be more of a Fall 10 topic, but I didn't want to bump an old thread. Got the Vintage slim fit jeans in dill garment dye they have on sale. Love them. The color is perfect and I really liked the fit down the legs. I'm exchanging them for a size down since they were a little loose in the waist, but luckily they still had the size I needed. You guys should get a pair while they are on sale with the extra 30%.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
At the risk of sounding "ridiculous" to teger again, I'll post this for those who care :

Hi XXXX,

Thank you so much for your feedback about our Alden Boots not coming in
a Alden Box or coming to you with the Alden shoe bags. We appreciate
every customer's opinion and your ideas have been forwarded to the
appropriate team. The thoughts and views of our customers are very
important to us and we thank you again for taking the time to provide us
honest feedback.

If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please feel
free to contact me directly. I have provided my contact information
below for your convenience.

In other words: whatever dude, your feedback goes right to the circular file team.

May I ask what exactly you said to prompt this response? In my experience, they have been more than accommodating to a complaint when the simple sentence: "What can we do about this?" is dropped in.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I explained to them that my Alden's were shipped in a random J Crew box (not even a shoe box) and the Alden bags were missing.

Also said I wasn't happy with the color, so they were returned.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I explained to them that my Alden's were shipped in a random J Crew box (not even a shoe box) and the Alden bags were missing.

Also said I wasn't happy with the color, so they were returned.

I'm glad you returned them. I don't care what anyone says about the value of shoe bags or original boxes - if you buy something new, it should be delivered in new, complete condition. It's their problem to deal with, not yours. They should be ashamed of themselves.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I'm glad you returned them. I don't care what anyone says about the value of shoe bags or original boxes - if you buy something new, it should be delivered in new, complete condition. It's their problem to deal with, not yours. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Absolutely. It should not be sold as new.. If they came back from a customer with a beat up unusable Alden box and missing the shoe bags, then it should not be resold to someone else in this condition. Who cares if its just a "box and shoe bags." Not everyone feels that way, especially for $450 shoes.

I work for an online retail business, and if something comes back with a **** box we have the courtesy to not sell it without disclosing that it is not mint.

effang

Reaction score
hi,

where are people finding 20% off a single item coupons/discounts? or if there are any available codes, can somebody please PM me?

Thanks!

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^usually u find them in the catalog if you subscribes them and have them mail it to you every month. but that 20% is still random tho, you really have to be lucky to get it every month.

pula_86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Seems like people have not been happy with the fit of the trapper, and the cadet has been a big hit. I think the cadet jacket is unlined, so really different jackets in terms of function.

What has been the criticism of the trapper jacket fit. I've been looking at the trapper jacket. Thanks in advance to anyone who provides advice.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
I found the Quoddy blutchers to not be comfortable at all. Do they take some heavy break in time?
That wasn't my experience at all. I have two unlined pairs - one in suede and one in chromexcel leather -- and both were completely comfortable straight out of the box. At one point last Summer I was wearing the suedes literally everywhere I possibly could (sneaking them into the work rotation because it was "so hot" outside, etc.). I just got a pair of lined Maliseet oxfords, which is a little different. They feel a bit more substantial than the bluchers, and the lining definitely gives them more structure. I can tell they are going to change as they break in, but still, they're totally comfortable. What is it that you don't find comfortable?

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
My failure to find a baller messenger has brought me to this. I feel like I could do a lot worse?

images%5Feiec%5F30%5F30329%5F30329%5FGR7539%5Ftif%5F5d680af2c6111813.jpg

Look, that J.Crew bag looks okay and the price isn't bad.

But how about something like this, the "Field Bag" from Archival Clothing http://store.archivalclothing.com/pr...hing-field-bag , which is designed and made in Oregon:

FieldBagDarkOak_grande.jpg
FTRTTOP_grande.jpg
FIELDBAGREVERSE_grande.jpg
olivefb7742_grande.jpg

It's thoughtfully designed and very solidly constructed (check out AC's blog where they discuss the pros and cons of comparable bags http://www.archivalclothing.com/2010...-round-up.html - basically AC's research that went into their bag). And it's not something you're going to see every where you go. They literally hand stamp each bag with a unique number. Yes, it's more money but, for $220, it's a lot of quality. I have Archival Clothing's Rucksack which, after years of using messanger-style bags, I use as my daily commuter bag. If I didn't already have the Rucksack (which I got before the Field Bag came out) it would be a toss up because both are excellent Made in USA bags. Crew has a lot to offer, but I think this is one area where you can up your game by looking elsewhere.

lummers13

Reaction score
I got my Indy 403's, and they came with a brown, generic J.Crew box BUT they did come with shoe bags. Must be a hit or miss thing...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads