• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone out there got a 20% off coupon from the catelog that they don't want? Can I have it, please? looking to buy some shirts from jc.com

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
I got a catalog in the mail last week and it didn't even have a coupon in it. I was sorta angry...

from what i heard is, this March catalog coupon is very random. u either get 20% off, freeship, or nothing.....so..that's why I am asking...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the snuff Alden boots will get more sizes?

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Leer
Those shirts are nice, but getting them elsewhere is cheaper IMO

I would like to know as well..

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
I would like to know as well..

Seriously. I have not found genuine made in France Saint James brand for less elsewhere. If they are available somewhere, I'd sure like to know!

PS, James Dean wore these:

james_dean_blog2.jpg

dsoren

Reaction score

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
Anyone know when the snuff Alden boots will get more sizes?

I ordered these and wasnt too happy. The color in real life is not what's on line. They didnt come in an Alden box, and there were no shoe bags.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when J Crew is going to get the Superior Labor bags from the lookbooks?

lacunae123

Reaction score
I'm about to pick up a pair of cords on sale through the website and can't decide between vintage straight and vintage slim. Are vintage slims the same as the urban slim fit, and if so, is that 8-8.5" rise measurement accurate for these (size 30-32)? (straights seem to have about a 10.5" rise in comparable sizes)

Could someone help me out with the differences between these cuts in the cords?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I ordered these and wasnt too happy. The color in real life is not what's on line. They didnt come in an Alden box, and there were no shoe bags.

I had that happen to me as well. I ordered two pair for sizing - one pair came in the Alden box with shoe bags, the other came in a generic J Crew box with no bags. Only reason I didn't complain is because the pair that did not fit and that I returned was the J Crew-boxed pair. Clearly, they were returns, and the original packaging had been lost. Outrageous for the prices they charge

I wrote a post about the return process - not a problem getting my refund, but the sales associate knew nothing about the shoes. If J Crew is going to be "curating" expensive brands like Alden, Roadmaster, et al, they need to clean up their act and start treating their customers properly.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, they may not have been returns. Alden shoe boxes suck for boots, they cram them in their but the boxes are not big enough really. Most of my Alden boxes are split along one seam or another. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the boxes just busted open from handling at the J Crew warehouse and they were reboxed and somehow got separated from the shoe bags. Still no excuse, but I think some blame belongs on Alden who should really get some actual boot sized boxes IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads