• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$800 and up jeans online?

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
This thread is beyond marsupialed, and I've seen some pretty bad ones here.

OP just comes up with a ridiculous number that he "wants" to spend on a pair of jeans, but has no particular pair, or even brand in mind. Well..."Visvim" or something". Do you realize you can get awesome jeans under 300? Or do you just want to tell people you spent 1,000 on a pair?

You should stop into some car dealerships and say you want to spend around 100k on a car, but have no idea what you want. They will love you.

I agree. I don't know why people would want to spend that kind of money on a pair of jean. I see there are plenty of jeans that cost much lower than 1000 dollars that look great.

Well, again, it is not my money.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
The supposedly Japanese jeans that I've seen, namely Evisu, usually come from China, Vietnam and Cambodia. Where the wages are a good deal less than 99cents(USD) an hour.

IMO it's just stupid spending ridiculous amounts of money on jeans(rural workwear attire, which is basically what jeans are).

lul
ffffuuuu.gif

Wiggles

Reaction score
The supposedly Japanese jeans that I've seen, namely Evisu, usually come from China, Vietnam and Cambodia. Where the wages are a good deal less than 99cents(USD) an hour.

IMO it's just stupid spending ridiculous amounts of money on jeans(rural workwear attire, which is basically what jeans are).

are you from the nineteenth century?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're really that flushed, that you feel the need to dispose of 1k(USD?). Why not spend $100 on a pair or two. then give the other $900 to charity? You'll feel better for it, and NO buyer's remorse.

true ballers dont give a **** about tax deductions

Nopike343

Reaction score
Lets see you are getting $1 million in a few weeks and you really want to piss it away ASAP?

If you happend to find some jeans that really appealed to you and they happened to cost over $800 I might be able to understand that. But to seek out a pair that is over $800 just so you could have such an expensive pair seems odd.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
Lets see you are getting $1 million in a few weeks and you really want to piss it away ASAP?

If you happend to find some jeans that really appealed to you and they happened to cost over $800 I might be able to understand that. But to seek out a pair that is over $800 just so you could have such an expensive pair seems odd.

It is odd, but think about it. Have you ever walked down the street in $1,000 jeans? Imagine what you would feel like knowing that you have that. I think it would feel damn good.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by igotfatlaces
It is odd, but think about it. Have you ever walked down the street in $1,000 jeans? Imagine what you would feel like knowing that you have that. I think it would feel damn good.
You must be really bored.

SwiftLearner

Reaction score
Although I've never spent that much on jeans, I was really tempted by the $660 Dior Homme jeans I tried on at Saks. Beautiful, beautiful denim.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by igotfatlaces

How about in a nice pair of $250 jeans and $750 in my wallet?

That sounds better.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
Are we hating on the OP just because he's not trying at all to hide the fact that he wants to buy something simply because it is expensive?
No. Over in MC, $1000 for clothes is small timer ****. But many of the people that buy thousands of dollars of **** can... wait for it... afford it. To them, dropping a grand+ isn't a matter of "when will that check come in?" but "when do I find something I want to buy." If you're broke, don't be a dumbass and squander your money on ******* $1000 pair jeans.

Originally Posted by Nopike343
You must be really bored.
More like "you must be fifteen and/or pathetic".

eseanyang

Reaction score
OP you realize even if you just bought some 200-300 dollar jeans you would already most likely have the most expensive pants on the block your walking down the street on?

rapdancin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
No. Over in MC, $1000 for clothes is small timer ****. But many of the people that buy thousands of dollars of **** can... wait for it... afford it. To them, dropping a grand+ isn't a matter of "when will that check come in?" but "when do I find something I want to buy." If you're broke, don't be a dumbass and squander your money on ******* $1000 pair jeans.
i think this cuts to the heart of it. op is a big ol poser/wannabe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads