1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

$800 and up jeans online?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by igotfatlaces, Mar 7, 2011.

1. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

$800 jeans? No thanks. $800 suits FTW

2. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I got a pair for you LOL

Fancy a cheap unworn Evisu? For £85? that will be a spare for you

3. spidercan

spidercan Senior member

$800 jeans? No thanks. $800 suits FTW
    $3000 suit bought for under $800 FTW

4. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

5. spidercan

spidercan Senior member

6. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

7. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

No, but I have walked down the street wearing a $4,000 watch. I have also walked down the street in $$$ jeans that I paid $15 for on clearance. The second feeling is better.

It's one thing to find something you really love and just have to have, and finding out it costs $1,000 and saving up for it. But buying something just because it's $1,000 is just retarded.

This.
    I'm not commenting on your ability to blow a G on a pair of jeans. But I really think you're going about it the wrong way. Go to a couple of good denim shops (SE, BIG, etc) and try on a few pairs. Then pick the ones you really like, that you feel fit the best and look the best. Then just pay for them. They might be 500, or a G, or 300 but you'll then think that's the best money you've spent. Just my .02.

8. ma1

ma1 Senior member

HAHAHAHAHA this fucking thread

9. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Geez, I rarely post in SW&D anymore but holy fuck this is a stupid thread.... OP, here is why you are being ridiculed, especially with that $4,000 bag, $1000 wallet analogy from page 2. It's one thing to want something expensive because of what it is... someone who appreciates fine leather work will drop $3-4k on a MA+ bag, or $2500 on Guidi boots or upwards of $8k on a CCP leather jacket because they appreciate the beauty and quality of the product. They acknowledge and desire the high quality materials and the appreciate the time and energy that goes into the construction. To them, these pieces are just as much works of art work as they are functional clothing/accessories. But in your case it doesn't sound like you really care much about WHAT you are buying. You just care about HOW MUCH you are paying for it. It isn't about what you are wearing or the appreciation of what it took to create it. Instead you just want to wear something expensive regardless of what it is, because it is expensive and THAT is what makes you feel good about yourself. You are asking for your wallet to define your style, rather than your own personality and interests. Really it just makes you sound like a shallow, spoiled douchebag who doesn't appreciate the value of money. I suggest you go to the children's library a pick up a copy of Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes

10. Logan

Logan Senior member

$800, is that all you can afford?

11. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

It is odd, but think about it. Have you ever walked down the street in $1,000 jeans? Imagine what you would feel like knowing that you have that. I think it would feel damn good.

[​IMG]

There is a famous proverb which goes, 'A fool and his money are soon parted.'

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

spoken like a true boss! but for real, MikeDT you are kinda gay...
    Thank you, have a nice day. Also thank you 'igotfatlaces' for starting such an amusing and entertaining thread. Haven't had such a good laugh from SF in ages.

13. word

word Senior member

It is odd, but think about it. Have you ever walked down the street in $1,000 jeans? Imagine what you would feel like knowing that you have that. I think it would feel damn good.
    Just get some diors dude, they'll prob look better so long as you arent fat.

14. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Aren't you guys carrying your $800 iphones in ur pocket anyway?
    No, I actually carry a $80 Nokia in my pocket and write this post using a $400 Linux laptop.

15. habitant

habitant Senior member

Hasn't anyone ever noticed that no one gives a fuck what you wear?

16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Geez, I rarely post in SW&D anymore but holy fuck this is a stupid thread.... OP, here is why you are being ridiculed, especially with that $4,000 bag, $1000 wallet analogy from page 2. It's one thing to want something expensive because of what it is... someone who appreciates fine leather work will drop $3-4k on a MA+ bag, or $2500 on Guidi boots or upwards of $8k on a CCP leather jacket because they appreciate the beauty and quality of the product. They acknowledge and desire the high quality materials and the appreciate the time and energy that goes into the construction. To them, these pieces are just as much works of art work as they are functional clothing/accessories. But in your case it doesn't sound like you really care much about WHAT you are buying. You just care about HOW MUCH you are paying for it. It isn't about what you are wearing or the appreciation of what it took to create it. Instead you just want to wear something expensive regardless of what it is, because it is expensive and THAT is what makes you feel good about yourself. You are asking for your wallet to define your style, rather than your own personality and interests. Really it just makes you sound like a shallow, spoiled douchebag who doesn't appreciate the value of money. I suggest you go to the children's library a pick up a copy of Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes
    I've heard this "argument" before. It sounds really good but the fact of the matter is there is a lot of keeping up with the Jones' or being the Jones buying that goes on. Buyer's remorse is a tell tale sign of this kind of justification for purchases made.
    Hasn't anyone ever noticed that no one gives a fuck what you wear?
    Pretty much.

17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I wish they'd made the Somet platinum thread kimono jeans for girls - I'd have kopped a pair in sz 24"!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014