• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$800 and up jeans online?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Yeah, but if I don't buy the highest quality Japanese denim handwoven by monks in a temple on Mt. Fuji, I won't get the sweet fades and honeycombs to impress my brahs on Superfuture.
you've made a good point here. also you won't summon lightning, volcanoes, samurais, and dragons without them.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
This thread is beyond marsupialed, and I've seen some pretty bad ones here.
OP just comes up with a ridiculous number that he "wants" to spend on a pair of jeans, but has no particular pair, or even brand in mind. Well..."Visvim" or something". Do you realize you can get awesome jeans under 300? Or do you just want to tell people you spent 1,000 on a pair?

yes i do realize there are plenty of really nice jeans under 300, even nice ones under 200 and i have some, but would it not be sick to have a pair of jeans that cost a grand? Maybe not to you but i think so.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
these *** denim companies are really getting ridiculous with their ****...for real. yall dont think some of these offerings are over the top?

They definitely are, plus they can pay people .99 cents an hour to make them so think how much they are making on one pair of jeans.. it is ridiculous but no american brands have caught on to that yet... so here we are buying ridiculously expensive denim from japan
smile.gif

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by igotfatlaces
They definitely are, plus they can pay people .99 cents an hour to make them so think how much they are making on one pair of jeans.. it is ridiculous but no american brands have caught on to that yet... so here we are buying ridiculously expensive denim from japan
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure most of those jeans are actually made in Japan, where the minimum wage is much more than 99 cents per hour.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure most of those jeans are actually made in Japan, where the minimum wage is much more than 99 cents per hour.
Pretty sure its not .99 cents either, it was an overstatement. i bet its under the US min wage though.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its not .99 cents either, it was an overstatement. i bet its under the US min wage though.
"As of 2010, regional minimum wages range from ¥642 (~US$7.75) to ¥821 (~US$9.90) per hour for all workers" I'm willing to bet that the people who work at these denim factories get paid more than that too

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy balmain biker jeans, better bang for the buck than the raw offerings here in terms of construction time and manufacturing cost.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
"As of 2010, regional minimum wages range from ¥642 (~US$7.75) to ¥821 (~US$9.90) per hour for all workers"

I'm willing to bet that the people who work at these denim factories get paid more than that too

haha yea .25 cents lower! they definitely are paid more then that though, thats for gas station workers and not talented ass japanese guys making jeans.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Just buy balmain biker jeans, better bang for the buck than the raw offerings here in terms of construction time and manufacturing cost.
yea but they look kinda ridicules... idk i might be able to make it work. i originally didnt plan on buying raw ones because i already have a few pairs so something like this might be a better option

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for this spring im thinking of throwing up 1,000 or so on a pair of jeans.
WTF!! Do they have gold and diamonds or something? You are talking about US Dollars? I assume 'Nor Cal' is in the US.
Only problem is, most of the sites i order from already dont sell anything in that price range... Anyone know of a site that sells Visvim denim or something? Thanks
If you're really that flushed, that you feel the need to dispose of 1k(USD?). Why not spend $100 on a pair or two. then give the other $900 to charity? You'll feel better for it, and NO buyer's remorse.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
WTF!! Do they have gold and diamonds or something? You are talking about US Dollars? I assume 'Nor Cal' is in the US.
If you're really that flushed, that you feel the need to dispose of 1k(USD?). Why not spend $100 on a pair or two. then give the other $900 to charity? You'll feel better for it, and NO buyer's remorse.

Mhm nor cal is in the US... I dont see your point though? You want me to donate to a charity in Mongolia, PRC so you can have it? i dont think so...

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea but they look kinda ridicules...

Theres different ways to wear them. You can size up and look like kanye (don't know if thats a good or a bad thing) or wear them like efron.

Barneys models them decently, also I'll include some other 1k plus jeans.
http://www.barneys.com/Moto-Jean---M...efault,pd.html
http://www.barneys.com/Distressed-Je...efault,pd.html
http://www.barneys.com/Slim-Fit-Jean...efault,pd.html
http://www.barneys.com/Splattered-Pa...efault,pd.html

Kanye-West-Balmain-Jeans-and-Timberland-Boots1.jpg

Zac-Efron-Balmain-Biker-Khaki-Jeans.jpg

Either way, chances are you prob don't have the steez to rock them if you are asking about where to buy jeans according to price and no other factor.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The supposedly Japanese jeans that I've seen, namely Evisu, usually come from China, Vietnam and Cambodia. Where the wages are a good deal less than 99cents(USD) an hour.

IMO it's just stupid spending ridiculous amounts of money on jeans(rural workwear attire, which is basically what jeans are).

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mhm nor cal is in the US... I dont see your point though? You want me to donate to a charity in Mongolia, PRC so you can have it? i dont think so...
OK just leave the money in the bank for a rainy day. Stupid spending that amount of money on just on a pair of jeans. That's why I was interested what was so special about them, gold, diamonds? One can definitely get a case of buyer's remorse here. Actually we're mostly OK in Inner Mongolia, maybe better than some parts of the US.
wink.gif
The coal mines provide most of what we need.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Theres different ways to wear them. You can size up and look like kanye (don't know if thats a good or a bad thing) or wear them like efron.
Either way, chances are you prob don't have the steez to rock them if you are asking about where to buy jeans according to price and no other factor.

thanks a lot for the links, i definitely like the first ones they are pretty nice looking and are not too distressed, etc. and kanye looks waaaay better then effron

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads