• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Peal & Co suede shoes and chelseas

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
^ Last number should be written inside the shoe.

Ordered early Friday morning and the order is still open, "In stock and reserved," and has not shipped. That's four business days. Seems like I must be in line for a return.

2 rows of nails = AS

what last are the chelseas?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliank
I am assuming you bought them in brown ? I didn't get the brown because the photos made them look too dark for me; I prefer a lighter tan color. Also would love to see a pic. Should be getting my black ones on Sat according to Fed ex.

My photo capabilities are handicapped at the moment, but I'll try to get one up in the next few days, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I just received my 10D suede medallion captoes.
Unfortunately they are too large for me (I'm a 9.5D to 10C)
If anyone missed out and wants them I'm happy to pass along at my cost + shipping, please PM

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Thanks for this PSA and discount code! Just picked up the suede captoes!

Day late and a Dollar short!!!!
laugh.gif

Thanks for posting Forex. You're a good Man!
bigstar[1].gif

ETA" I'm Dying for those Suede Captoes.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Ok, Brooks Brothers mail order service absolutely sucks. I purchased a pair of these shoes one week ago. I hear nothing from them. Today I receive a notice that they won't be shipped for another two weeks. Honestly, I don't believe them. Last time I purchased a sportcoat from them they sent me a regular instead of the long I ordered.

What gives? Why can't this company figure things out. All they are doing is making a bad name for themselves. I will never purchase from them again.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We all feel your pain.. It can be such a pain buying from them
baldy[1].gif
They need an inventory management system because half the time they tell you an item is in stock when its already sold it.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gyasih
If anyone's size 11.5 is too big, I have an 11D-unworn for trade.

11D too small? Are you typically 11D in English shoes?

toogies80

Reaction score
I received my suede shoes today and was thrown off by them having a single row of nails. I was under the impression that BB Alfred Sargents had two rows of nails. Are these made by CJ?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with the suede medallaion captoes look in the shoe, and read the last no.? Sounds like it will be an 87 or 89. (Note Peals are often not on the same last as the non-BB version of the same style sold by Pediwear etc. under the maker's name.)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by toogies80
I received my suede shoes today and was thrown off by them having a single row of nails. I was under the impression that BB Alfred Sargents had two rows of nails. Are these made by CJ?
Odd...mine have two rows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads