• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Peal & Co suede shoes and chelseas

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my order yesterday went all the way through to the order confirmation page. Of course I didn't write down the order number thinking I'd get it from the email. Well, no email and no cc charge, safe to say I'm prob not getting them?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
So my order yesterday went all the way through to the order confirmation page. Of course I didn't write down the order number thinking I'd get it from the email. Well, no email and no cc charge, safe to say I'm prob not getting them?
All this after you clicked on the "submit order" button? I got the confirmation email that my order was received. I am still waiting for the "shipped" email. Order status is still "open"
uhoh.gif
P.S. There is a size 10.5 available Edit - my gift card has been charged.....

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine shipped. I will not touch the soles, but will probably spray the suede.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Assuming everyone who ordered the suedes actually receives them, will any of you be pre-treating your shoes in any way before your first wear? Topy for the sole, waterproof/stain resistant spray for the uppers, etc.

Both. Since adding zips to my soles, I haven't had to have a single sole replaced.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I received my chelseas. Far nicer than they looked in the pic. Less dark than they appeared on my monitor -- they're dark, but they have a nice warmth to them. I like the color much more than my RM Williams.

Definite keepers for me.

Post a pic?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming everyone who ordered the suedes actually receives them, will any of you be pre-treating your shoes in any way before your first wear? Topy for the sole, waterproof/stain resistant spray for the uppers, etc.

I missed this thread but suedes in chukkas and chelseas are my new love :)

mrbrioni

Reaction score
I got the suede's in 10.5 yesterday evening, credit card was charged + used SPG111X code for an additional 15%.

Thanks!

One question what does AS stand for (company who makes them)?

I'm asking out of ignorance
blush.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbrioni
One question what does AS stand for (company who makes them)?

I'm asking out of ignorance
blush.gif

AS = Alfred Sargeant. Even I know that (thanks to forex) :)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In a curious bit of good fortune, I received an email indicating that BB had shipped my shoes! Perhaps they are employing some sort of new-fangled business model wherein they actually fulfill orders.

tinfoil.gif

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
In a curious bit of good fortune, I received an email indicating that BB had shipped my shoes! Perhaps they are employing some sort of new-fangled business model wherein they actually fulfill orders.

tinfoil.gif

I was shocked to get a shipping notification within 3 days from BB as well. I'm used to waiting a couple weeks for them to ship or cancel.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my suede brogues today. Even nicer than what I recalled from the store. Fit was great thanks to the advice here.

mrbrioni

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
AS = Alfred Sargeant. Even I know that (thanks to forex) :)

The fact that they are AS a good thing? Or are there better made Peal & Co?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
peal & company exist merely in name and does not make any shoes for BB...

the three companies that make shoes for BB most often are Alden, AS, and C&J.

mrbrioni

Reaction score
Placed my order Sunday night and just checked bb website and saw my shoes were shipped out today!

no email to confirm but atleast I'm getting them.

thanks sf!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads