• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most baller house in your area...aerial or street view shots

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are others like it, some with much more elaborate/beautiful landscaping, but this was the best photo available.
GregNormanhouseSPL_1000x839.jpg
GregNormanhouse1SL_1000x667.jpg

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321

He also has quite an extensive art collection, including Kooning, Pollock, Warhol, and Picasso.

But the $$$ he paid for some of that Damien Hirst crap???? I don't get it.
Not to get into art theory or anything like that.

svelten

Reaction score
This is the architectural 'masterpiece' you can get for a cool $14 million in Vancouver

027.jpg

016.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

002.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
lol wtf is that horrifying butterfly doing there?

Looking for another place to do flies other than that cramped "gym"
biggrin.gif

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorial1
gg0309ourkindofplace015.jpg

Assuming it is structurally sound and nice on the inside, I'd rather live here than the other places. I don't think I could live with myself if I lived in a house >3000 square feet or so. Plus, charleston is awesome!

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten
021.jpg

This makes me so hot and bothered. I would take a man's life for that wine stockade if it were made of brick. For the mathematically inclined, how many bottles in that pic? What I love is that, as large as it is, it's not big enough and he still has to store bottles standing up on the ground. Too funny.
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Assuming it is structurally sound and nice on the inside, I'd rather live here than the other places. I don't think I could live with myself if I lived in a house >3000 square feet or so. Plus, charleston is awesome!
I'm sure you could get used to it.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made in California, I must ask, why do you speak in purple?

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Made in California, I must ask, why do you speak in purple?
I scroll up to the indigo text then start reading. It's easy to see where I left off or if something I said was quoted. No one else colors their text so I might as well.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1458 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville (the estate is on the south side of Lakeshore directly across from the entrance to Caulder Drive).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Best house in SF has no good photographs. It is the Russell house done by Erich Mendelsohn in the fifties. Just an amazing place. I guess where I grew up the most baller is the Larry Ellison estate, but not my style.

I found a picture of the house from the 50's, before the shrubs grew up around it, here.

L.A. is so full of amazing houses I wouldn't know where to begin. The Huntington mansion is incredible just for the gardens, if it were still a private residence and not a museum.

David Geffen bought Jack Warner's old estate in in 1990 for $47M, which at the time was the highest price ever paid for a private residence, and promptly spent $50M remodeling it. And he doesn't even live there - he uses it for entertaining. He lives on a house that comprises 5 adjacent lots on the beach in Malibu. I haven't seen these houses but I suspect they're not tacky - though I could be wrong.

I've been inside of Robert Evans famous Beverly Hills house, which is surprisingly tasteful and reserved. His bedroom was kind of gross, with a mink bedspread, but the grounds are lovely.

I also went to an event at Dustin Hoffman's house in the Palisades. It didn't look like anything special from the street but the lot was immense - the pool house was far bigger than the house I live in.

If money was no object I'd want of the the older Point Dume estates in Malibu, with a relatively modest one story house on an acre of ocean front property, then a second "city" house in the Hollywood Hills.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads