Most baller house in your area...aerial or street view shots

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Hannerhan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Yes, during the winter it's a hockey rink; the summertime, it's a tennis court.

He also has quite an extensive art collection, including Kooning, Pollock, Warhol, and Picasso.

For a summer during college I worked in the shipping dept at the Osram Sylvania HQ and the ceo was building his dream home so he had everything stored in the huge warehouse on the premises. We received multiple Warhols, a few Lichensteins, a Picasso, and many other works from extremely well-known artists and since I was the 'gay artist' in art school it was my responsiblity to explain to all of the other blue-collar type dudes working on the loading dock that these things were worth tens of millions of dollars and to handle them carefully. I couldn't believe the carelessness that they were tossed around with!

2. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

He also has quite an extensive art collection, including Kooning, Pollock, Warhol, and Picasso.
    Doesn't everybody?[​IMG]

4. Hannerhan

Hannerhan Senior member

Wow that's an ugly house.

5. ysc

ysc Senior member

Near my family house/the house I grew up in rather than where I live most of the time now [​IMG] Part of it is open to the public, but still all very much owned by the D'Lisles. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. itsstillmatt

Best house in SF has no good photographs. It is the Russell house done by Erich Mendelsohn in the fifties. Just an amazing place. I guess where I grew up the most baller is the Larry Ellison estate, but not my style.

7. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

The interior of the house conne posted is fugly.

8. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis House is the most baller house in my neighborhood, and is currently for sale I believe: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] as seen in blade runner: [​IMG]

9. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

^I was just watching Blade Runner... Up until today, I thought I loved everything FLW made....but that thing is absolutely hideous[​IMG]

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I don't think they used the actual house. They just copied the concrete tile and made a new mockup.

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Best house in SF has no good photographs. It is the Russell house done by Erich Mendelsohn in the fifties. Just an amazing place. I guess where I grew up the most baller is the Larry Ellison estate, but not my style.

thank you thank you thank you for choosing this over one of the painted ladies.

12. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

I don't think they used the actual house. They just copied the concrete tile and made a new mockup.

interesting. i wonder if the same is true for day of the locust and house on haunted hill.

13. itsstillmatt

thank you thank you thank you for choosing this over one of the painted ladies.
    I despise those abortions. The MHR house is amazing. I remember the first time I was inside I was just awestruck.

14. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

I despise those abortions. The MHR house is amazing. I remember the first time I was inside I was just awestruck.

what do you think of the federal building? last time i was there everyone seemed to hate it.

15. itsstillmatt

what do you think of the federal building? last time i was there everyone seemed to hate it.
    It's OK. Not great in context. I'm not surprised everybody here hates it, since the tast in architecture in sf is awful. Nothing worse than liberals with bad taste.