• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Another thing I have to think about is also the length of the leg, all of my glasses have a length of 140, the bigger ones are 145. Wondering if they can adjust that, i just don't want it to be too long and sit wierd.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
^Another thing I have to think about is also the length of the leg, all of my glasses have a length of 140, the bigger ones are 145. Wondering if they can adjust that, i just don't want it to be too long and sit wierd.

I think you have to try lots of pairs on and hold them and move them around on your face --do they fell comfortable- do they fit good...?

Do they sit nicely?
Suit your face?
Fell comfortable on your nose?
etc...

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
Personally i prefer the bigger pair.....but even those look to small to me.

That's just my preference though.
I think the trend is away from small square frames and to bigger 60's style frames.

i think you could wear a slight bigger frame size and look ok.

What about these

http://www.contactsandspecs.com/salt...lie-10887.aspx

or

http://www.contactsandspecs.com/salt...lie-11135.aspx

Negative. My asian nose can't hack it. My size is 17 for the nose peice. Those are 20 which would not be sitting on my face correctly most likely. The OP are 17 which I think sit pretty good. No large gaps.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
searched multiple threads already but does anyone have fit pics of moscot hyman? based on the measurement eye length/nose ridge/temple length it should be a perfect fit but it doesnt say in their site about the width of the lenses vertically.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
I'm in the market for some new frames. Looking for a plastic/acetate frame, rectangular (but kind of a smallish rect), and something where the frame isn't too thick. But I have a really wide face. I need at least 52, have tried some 53's that were still small. I really like the OP Shaw (esp in storm color) with the thinness, but I don't think that'd be big enough. I also like the OP Denison and love the Salt Paxton in London Fog. I'm gonna try calling around local stores tomorrow to see if any of these models are in stock to try on in person. But any other suggestions for similar stuff? I've tried Warby Parker's largest frames and they were all small :-\\

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greylabel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
Just picked my 'specs'......i really like them and for a very mild prescription they make a huge difference.

Dita LEVER in grey swirl...

they look dark but have a kind of blue grey colour....in the store they thought they went well with my blue eyes.

The main thing is i like them and i am comfortable in them.
46 and my first pair.

Great fit! I was looking at the same pair. Still in decision mode though.

webzeb

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for new eyeglasses.

I'd like something that combines classicism with a touch of originality.
Maybe a vintage shape ? For example, I was thinking about the Paul Smith Morse and Oliver Peoples O'Riley or Sheldrake.

My - not so easy - face :

Any advice is welcome!

00a9.png
00a9.png

PS : My prescription allows me any shape.
However, I often have to look up and down in my job. Thus, I'd like to avoid "low" frames.
Moreover, I have a pretty ******** that requires a pretty large bridge (generally between 18 and 21mm, depending on the shape). For example, I feel uncomfortable with Ray-Ban's New Wayfarer (18mm).

PS2 : Don't attention to the shirt. (Usually, I don't wear shirt with differentiate collar color...)

xM.

Reaction score
What do you mean when you say customer service issues? Thanks for letting me know they're legit though.

xM.

Reaction score
how long? i'm not in a huge rush or anything but i still get antsy.

vilinx

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some feedback on frames? I have terrible status quo bias so if it's up to me, I'd never change anything... Compound that with the fact my current frames are probably too small for my head and the cognitive dissonance is too much for me.

head2.jpg
head3.jpg
head1.jpg

Frames are Mykita Leonard. I'd go with the darker version that's in pics 1 and 2 (a very dark turtleshell). I got a pretty short hair cut between the 1/2 and 3 which is throwing off my judgement yet more.

MercuriaList

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of sunglasses that I took to be Ray Ban Clubmasters. They appeared in a Details spread a few months back, and were listed as Ray Bans. To me they looked just like Clubmasters but with a more squared-off bottom frame. I searched the Ray Ban site and couldn't find a pair that matched. Do they not make them anymore? Are there any other frames that fit this description?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads