• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elysium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Elysium
Thoughts on these? Saw them in a store here and feeling quite tempted

p10062_1.jpg

p10062_2.jpg

$95 on Gilt now, why don't they offer international shipping
ffffuuuu.gif

PhoenixDown

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some footwear with my dark indigo weird guys i'm about to order. do hi-tops like supras work well with short people (5'5)? I like the look of the white skytops, but grey seems like it would be easier to keep clean.
107132.jpg
other than that, i feel like van chukkas look good as well:
1000719-p-DETAILED.jpg
and this color would actually go with the orange contrast of the jean seams:
1369416-p-DETAILED.jpg

PersonalJesus

Reaction score
^^^
Most people on this board will say 'no' to all three. The second pair are clean, though, and some people like Supra, but please do not get the third pair. Halloween colours? no.

PhoenixDown

Reaction score
haha alright, good call. i'll browse a bit more.

it's been easy to find cheap skytops compared to the II's, so i'm leaning towards that right now. any $50-80 shoe recommendations would be great though.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhoenixDown
haha alright, good call. i'll browse a bit more.

it's been easy to find cheap skytops compared to the II's, so i'm leaning towards that right now. any $50-80 shoe recommendations would be great though.

all of the shoes you posted will make you look like a skater kid. If you want supras, get the skytop 2 or society which apart from being badly made look a lot better than the skytop. But as others have said high tops will make your legs look shorter. So my advice would be...look elsewhere.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
high tops will make short legs look shorter.

and thin soled shoes won't do you any favors.

nerazzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 9403
The quality isn't awful, but not spectacular either. Bought mine for only $35 shipped. They're cheap and comfortable aswell

TTS, or don't size down at least. I wear 265 GAT's which is about a 8.5 US (41.5 EU) and 40 most of the boots and Common Projects.

whats the link for those german GAT's?
smile.gif

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Elysium
$95 on Gilt now, why don't they offer international shipping
ffffuuuu.gif

I bought these when they were on Gilt a few months ago.
I love 'em. They look great, still look new after lots of wear, get plenty of compliments and are super comfortable. I was thinking about picking up the same pair in another color actually

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads