• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Met this chick and I practically screwed myself.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Lots of people here have read The Game I see.
Honestly. The impression I'm getting from this thread is that guys seem to think there is only ONE way to talk to girls. It's not really the case. If you're naturally confident you don't need to try and act confident. You just naturally exude it. I think that's the problem with all the PUA bullshit...It's just an act. You might initially trick some girl into thinking you're worth chasing but sooner or later she's going to realize that you're full of ****. I'm definitely not saying I'm a master of picking up chicks. I'm not. Personally though, I've had more success with just being myself than trying to put on an act. That means: self depreciating humor, lame jokes, asking girls out via text (even a first date...omg), texting more than I should, and so forth. As long as you present yourself in an attractive manner, you shouldn't have to follow a "rule book".

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Okay a bit of a tangent...How do you guys feel about girls who come off as desperate? Does it turn you off or do you not care?

Total turn off, ignore her.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
NEVER ask a girl out through text....especially for a first date. lame sandwich.
confused.gif
But what if a person has absolutely no ability to small talk on the phone whatsoever? I have this friend...

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
confused.gif
But what if a person has absolutely no ability to small talk on the phone whatsoever?

I have this friend...

Then just send a ******* text.

Text 1: What time do you work until?

(Answer)

Text 2: Great. So what time are we having dinner then?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm definitely not saying I'm a master of picking up chicks. I'm not. Personally though, I've had more success with just being myself than trying to put on an act. That means: self depreciating humor, lame jokes, asking girls out via text (even a first date...omg), texting more than I should, and so forth.

As long as you present yourself in an attractive manner, you shouldn't have to follow a "rule book".

I am Dakota Rubeâ„¢ and I endorse this poast.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
IMO there's nothing wrong with asking girls out over text. I usually do it when I'm at the gym and I want something to take my mind off the next set of squats, so I'll text randomly like "hey do you want have hot pot tomorrow night?" while I'm under the bar and then they usually reply during my rest period so it works out.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
If you actually texted what you posted above you came off as desperate. Smiley faces didn't help your cause, either.

Originally Posted by acidboy
think you creeped yourself out to a zero probability of getting to see her naked.

Originally Posted by Huntsman
Probably not so much on the calling her sweetheart.

only read these. +10000000.

come on, man

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
confused.gif
But what if a person has absolutely no ability to small talk on the phone whatsoever?

I have this friend...

Tagut - you're funny as hell on this site, and probably are in person too. Just pick up the phone. Seriously. My stuttering-didn't-kiss-a-girl-till-I-was-nineteen-ass can do it, you can too. I know rejection sucks, but with rejection, oddly enough, comes confidence. Just my two cents. Granted, I look like Cody Linley, but still.....

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Tagut - you're funny as hell on this site, and probably are in person too. Just pick up the phone. Seriously. My stuttering-didn't-kiss-a-girl-till-I-was-nineteen-ass can do it, you can too. I know rejection sucks, but with rejection, oddly enough, comes confidence. Just my two cents. Granted, I look like Cody Linley, but still.....
+1. Also, who the hell is Cody Linley?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
+1. If you really want to call then make fun of your inability to make small talk. You're funny. You can come up with something good. Self awareness is pretty endearing. And you have to just take a chance...If you get turned down you're in the same position before you asked so it doesn't really matter. To me, I put you in the same category as tomgirl. I'm not really sure you're real. You're really don't come across as being so socially awkward as being unable to snag a date.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
ok boys, i think we have laid into him enough...like i said in my last post, just learn the lesson and move on. The iRomeos know everything and will one day lose their virginities...but ya, just file it away as a 'don't act too needy' lesson and it'll pay for itself in the long run.

iRomeos - lol

fathergll

Reaction score
Honestly. The impression I'm getting from this thread is that guys seem to think there is only ONE way to talk to girls.
I think the impression you should get is there most certainly are ways NOT to talk to high value girls, and there are certain ways that you can go about it and have success. OP demonstrated one of the ways not to talk to hot girls. willpoweron page one demonstrated a way that one would have conveyed humor to her most likely, and she would have most likely responded positively to it instead of some pathetic "Awwwwww" comment.
It's not really the case. If you're naturally confident you don't need to try and act confident. You just naturally exude it.
Not everyone is naturally confident. If they were we wouldn't have threads like "OMG i think i screwed up with this chick via text"
I think that's the problem with all the PUA bullshit...It's just an act. You might initially trick some girl into thinking you're worth chasing but sooner or later she's going to realize that you're full of ****.
Theres nothing bullshit about it. At its core its a guide on the traits that men who have a lot of success with women have. if you can successfully implement these traits into your life you will become more successful with women. We are not just talking about lines, its a lifestyle change. When guys in here are giving advice on what to say to her, its just giving the OP some statements that a guy who gets a lot of woman could very likely say. A guy who gets a lot of girls would never send an initial text like "So how long will I have to chase you before I can take you to dinner?" Thats not congruent with a guy who has a lot of women in his life. Right off the bat you're sending off red flags to her subconscious that you're not a catch. To hot girls that have 2500 facebook friends, you better at least come off as a catch initially. This girl has a busy life and has guys hitting on her everyday(Remember Chris Rock skit "You want some dick?" so she needs to weed out a lot of guys. So they look for social proof indicators like are other girls interested in him?--> is he saying things that indicate he doesn't have much going on in his life like "ill wait 3 months to take you to dinner". Why on earth would any guy with a fun field busy life wait 3 months to take a girl out for dinner when he doesn't even know her. What does that say about the guy ->Desperate -- and we already established that desperation is a universally unattractive quality in humans
I'm definitely not saying I'm a master of picking up chicks. I'm not. Personally though, I've had more success with just being myself than trying to put on an act. That means: self depreciating humor, lame jokes, asking girls out via text (even a first date...omg), texting more than I should, and so forth.
I agree you shouldn't put on an act. I'm not too into lame jokes myself but there sure isn't anything wrong with text messaging.
As long as you present yourself in an attractive manner, you shouldn't have to follow a "rule book".
Thats the point. A lot of guys don't know how to present themselves in an attractive manner. Therefore they need to understand the theory behind all of this and then try to change their lifestyle.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 /\\ The OP is obviously inexperienced and needs some guidelines on how to interact with women.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
+1 /\\

The OP is obviously inexperienced and needs some guidelines on how to interact with women.

My point is that there is lots of room in between:

Desperate

&

mysterypua.jpg

Both are equally pathetic in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads