• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Met this chick and I practically screwed myself.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Hahaha I love this thread. OP screwed up beyond repair. Rambo still has a chance...
Not after I try this:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Tell her how bad you feel for only mentioning her ass and how her boobs are equally as awesome. Then report back.
Should I text this or leave it as a voicemail?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Text accompanying a ********.

This is acceptable. Make sure it's a professional looking ********, maybe a little artistic. With good lighting, not a bathroom picture. Otherwise it screams desperate.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polo votarient
So I met this chick, she was by far the prettiest girl I have met this month and in person things were swell. I mean I started fliting with her and she flirted back and she ended up telling me I was going to have to chase her for like 3 months because she wanted to see if I was really interested, I said okay and I pretty much left. So I sent her a message the first day and this is practically how it went. (I met her this past Friday)

(FRIDAY)
Boy:So how long will I have to chase you before I can take you to dinner?
Girl: we will see
smile.gif

Boy: well I hope that I dont have to wait three months before I take you out to dinner...but if I have to I will
smile.gif

Girl: awwwww
smile.gif

Boy:
smile.gif

Boy: (6 hours later) what are you up to tonight?
Girl: no response

Saturday
Boy: have a nice day at work
smile.gif

Girl: thank you
smile.gif

Boy: how was your day sweetheart?
Girl:no response

Sunday: I did not text her nor did she text me

Monday:
Boy: Hope you have a great day
smile.gif

Girl: no response
Boy
frown.gif
ten hours later) so is this whole ignoring my messages part of the me chasing you part, not that I mind being ignored and all,
smile.gif
I just dont want to bother you
Boy: and I did not say that to be rude in any way, I just dont want to bother you
Girl:no reply

So clearly, I came on too strong and I guess I turned her off. Thing is I really want to get to know this chick because she seems like a good girl, so I faced stalked her and found out she had 2500 friends, I was like WTF, but she does work for some trainer who is supposed to be good but whatever. So I obviously did not add her because she is clearly ignoring me I suppose, she seemed into me when I met her friday though and I think I just screwed myself with the texting thing (******* KIDS AND THEIR TEXTING, I NEVER LIKED THIS **** TO BEGING WITH) so I want to recover and need advice. Shes the first chick Ive talked to in about 6 months thats my age, the otehr girls were about 6 years my senior. Im 20, so I think we would get along, I at least want a chance with this girl. So if you guys could give me some advice as to how to approach her again, via text I believe is best, I was thinking of trying to establish communication again in a week, probably this coming Monday. What do yall think. Thanks guys.

Don't ever let someone do that to you unless they have a gun pointed at your head.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
OK, so I'm in a similar boat myself, but my use of sarcasam has put some pot holes in the road. Story so far:

Meet hot chick Saturday night and chat her up. Slightly drunk at the time so I don't exactly remember if it went well but I got her #.

Drunkenly text her that she's got a nice ass later on in the evening.

Next day, send out mass text to a few people apologizing for any dumbass things I might have said (I said a few).

Yesterday, first text is replied and second text is not. Haven't bothered since.

What say you SF? Should I call, send over another smart ass text, or send over a "hey, get your **** together and tell me when you want to go out" type text?

Try this (self deprecating without being apologetic)

Okay look, you do have a nice ass. I'll bet you thought the same about me - "That Rambo, what an ass"

Although...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polo votarient
Your absloutley right and I dont normally do that, point is now I want to repair that and I dont know what to do. This chick is a keeper guys!!! I need to fix my ****!n@ situation. lol How do I repair this guys, she is 20 as am I and she told me when I met her that she is a very busy person, works one job and an internship and school, which I found to be very very appealing. She plans on going to law school as do I...

Don't text her for a month. Then call her to hang out for drinks or invite her to some interesting party. But put this as a side project with no real expectation of success. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
How do you guys feel about girls who come off as desperate? Does it turn you off or do you not care?
That depends: does she have ******* in her mouth?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, I met a gal online a few years ago. We met for a coffee, then a drink. Then dinner.
Then she was on her knees sucking *******. (This was all one day.)

In between slurps, she looked up at me and asked, "where have you been all my life?"

That was our last date.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Seriously, I met a gal online a few years ago. We met for a coffee, then a drink. Then dinner.
Then she was on her knees sucking *******. (This was all one day.)

In between slurps, she looked up at me and asked, "where have you been all my life?"

That was our last date.

so you fired her for being honest about how good ********* tasted to her?
eh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
so you fired her for being honest about how good ********* tasted to her?
eh.gif

I don't think her profession of love for me had anything to do with *******, or even me. She was dripping with desperation.

And before anyone else asks: yes, that kind of dripping.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I don't think her profession of love for me had anything to do with *******, or even me. She was dripping with desperation.

And before anyone else asks: yes, that kind of dripping.

Damn, that's got to hurt. No one can blame you for doing what you did to her!

word

Reaction score
The whole "bitches love smiley faces" thing wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads