• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Maybe so, but Ryan Gosling begs to differ.

gq-cover-ryan-gosling.jpg

I can't believe I just paid $4 for a year's subscription to that magazine. That tie is atrocious.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I've pointed out in your picture,the gap between your shirt collar point and jacket lapel is not what I am referring to. I am talking about the gap between your neck and jacket collar.
Thanks for clarifying that, forex, and also for taking the time to illustrate your point so clearly. I've received so many comments lately about the visibility of my collar points that I assumed you were talking about the same thing. I apologize.

Don't really know what to do about the jacket gap. All my jackets have been worked on -- some of them several times -- and I've been assured by two alterations tailors that smoothing out that gap would cause my jackets to pull unflatteringly in other places and in an even more conspicuous manner. I recently ordered my first custom jacket. Perhaps that's the solution.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully these photos don't make me look like an Asian dwarf. And hopefully Mr. Sam has had his fun with me and will move on to others.
laugh.gif
To be honest, I feel like this is a bit of a fail, both the clothes and the photography. Seems I can't get a photo that is both in focus and well lit and shot at a proper distance. And something about the way the elements of the outfit came together isn't doing it for me.
DSCF6798.jpg
DSCF6802.jpg
DSCF6801.jpg
DSCF6805.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
... Spoozy- I don't know how you did it, you maybe some sort of evil genius...I love today's mental mash-up of reds and checks! ...
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
... @Spoozy: You've definitely got some pizzazz & I would lie if I said I didn't look forward to your pics.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Spoozy - you are a crazy son of a gun, you know that? I love it. Dont stop being you. I dig this actually - minus the vest.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by philosophe
... Shout outs to yfyf, tto, holdfast, and spoozy (for doing your own thing).
Wow, a lot of SF love for me lately. I´m flattered
inlove.gif
@TTO: well, just rummaging around in my closet. Now you go imagine what i could look like if i really knew what i was doing
smile.gif
@UC: cheers, UC. Really appreciating it. @Spoo: i never will, i promise. Better being yourself and getting along with yourself pretty good, than always trying satisfying others, with no real success at all. @Philosophe: cheers, buddy!
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
A fine day for tweed...
Recently%20Updated8.jpg

What a nice ps, not overwhelmed by the fit of the suit (can´t really tell why, but something´s bothering me...makes you look a bit boxy...ah, screw me, i don´t know what i am talking about).
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Beginning of Day Two in the jungle ... ...​

I don´t get it...why are there stars in your face, when everyone knows how you look like and you post pics of yourself with face clearly visible three pages later?
puzzled.gif
Originally Posted by ManofKent
20110105_main.jpg

I like the check of that sc, MoK. Not sure about the tie knot, though...needs a bit more arching.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Special agent Spoo reporting for duty. ...
d821d384.jpg

Sweet tie, Spoo, but i would have loved to see a ps made from the (vaguely) same fabric...like wool or cashmere. This one seems to be silk, isn´t it?
Originally Posted by TTO
Store Detective, Hackney, London, circa 1970's. -TTO
Looking good, TTO. You´re really a hat man.
Originally Posted by TwoStep
68606861.jpg
57546377.jpg

Very nice fit, comes close to the ideal i´m searching for in a 6x2 db coat.
Originally Posted by ndw
That tie is da softness...looks almost like fleece....what kind of fabric is that?
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Agent Breinin checking in. ...
AgentSP-1.JPG

Mike, you´re the undisputed king of emblematic ties. If you ever should host a blow out, drop me a line.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
jan05007.jpg
Like the colourplay, but not the tie´s dessign. A dotted version of this would have been nice, in my eyes.
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Wow, some great looks in the thread today! I shall have to review them for consideration and education.
2011-01-05a.jpg

That looks good, BB. Really digging the shoes, and the check on that sc. Well done!
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF6798.jpg

Nice tie, deets? So, a lot of guys have been chasing bad boys today...so, my brethren...i was even able to run away and get dressed daringly (third time in a row, need to relax a bit, tomorrow):
050120113062.jpg
050120113063.jpg
050120113066.jpg
050120113065.jpg
050120113067.jpg

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't been in this thread in a while. Holdfast: You look different, younger. New haircut or something? JMJ: I love the barry sax, my favorite brass instrument, the way it can be part of the rhythm section or lead a melody. Out to a Belgian beer bar to celebrate my 26th birthday. Fox fur hat Harris Tweed sportcoat -- right sleeve showing too much cuff, must be caught on my shirt Kent Wang purple gingham shirt Kent Wang wool scarf Kent Wang pocket square SugarCane 1947 jeans

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully these photos don't make me look like an Asian dwarf. And hopefully Mr. Sam has had his fun with me and will move on to others.
laugh.gif

To be honest, I feel like this is a bit of a fail, both the clothes and the photography. Seems I can't get a photo that is both in focus and well lit and shot at a proper distance. And something about the way the elements of the outfit came together isn't doing it for me.

I think you've got the distance and zoom right: you used a focal length of (nearly) 60 mm now, so no more wide angle distortion. I'm not sure why the focus is off. You don't have much light there (shutter speed was 1/17, aperture F2.9 at ISO 100) You were standing still, right, and the camera was on some kind of support?

MoK and PG are two of the self-timer masters here; maybe they have some good tips.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Out to a Belgian beer bar to celebrate my 26th birthday.

Congratulations. Belgian beer is great.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Nice tie, deets?
Thanks--it's Polo RL.
Originally Posted by NOBD
I think you've got the distance and zoom right: you used a focal length of (nearly) 60 mm now, so no more wide angle distortion. I'm not sure why the focus is off. You don't have much light there (shutter speed was 1/17, aperture F2.9 at ISO 100) You were standing still, right, and the camera was on some kind of support? MoK and PG are two of the self-timer masters here; maybe they have some good tips.
How can you tell those stats from looking at the picture?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trained eyes.

No, your pictures contain Exif-data which you can view with a little application (I use KUSO Exif viewer, but there are more applications like that).

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some people train their eye to recognize shoes, others exposure stats.

(EXIF Data is embedded into most JPEG's)

smile.gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Trained eyes.

No, your pictures contain Exif-data which you can view with a little application (I use KUSO Exif viewer, but there are more applications like that).

Huh, never knew that. Interesting. Well, thanks for the help! I'm gonna keep playing with it and see what happens.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Holdfast: You look different, younger. New haircut or something?

Not really. But I'll take the compliment; must be doing something right! Alternatively, it's the poor lighting, hiding the incipient wrinkles...
smile.gif

Fur hat is awesome. Perhaps not with that outfit, mind...

I haven't looked to check, but they're probably embedded in the photo's exif data.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Fur hat is awesome. Perhaps not with that outfit, mind...
It's actually my girlfriend's. I have a blonde colored one that works better for me but I left it at a wine bar on New Years Eve, which I intend to retrieve soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads