• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
Look at that; I finally got into a contest in time...

First of all I apologize for the unfocused washed out photographs. The camera is borrowed and it is my first time using the self timer.

So, I actually did the opposite of what people on the FNB forum think we do here. Namely, dress up in our "outrageous" outfits just to take pictures but never actually wear them out in public. My conservative business dress outfit was just too boring for me so I changed before I went out. For my wardrobe it was a tough challenge. I had to do some extensive searching to find items conservative enough to fit the bill. I can't remember the last time I wore a barrel cuff shirt or a belt with a suit.

1122030768_yZY3j-XL.png

Tie: Ferrell Reed
Belt: Martin Dingman
Socks: Pantherella; Solid Grey
Shirt: Made to Measure Robert Talbott
Shoes: Alden; Plain BLACK Cap Toe, 907
Suit: Mystery Made to Measure Maker, Now Defunct (MMMM,ND)​

What I actually wore out today:

1122085194_Hzdkp-XL.png

1122085407_nKtJ4-XL.png

Braces: Trafalgar
Tie: Robert Talbott
Cuff Links: Gift, Sliver
Suit: Same, Vest Added
Shoe: Alden, Medallion Cap Toe, 909
Shirt: Made to Measure Hickey-Freeman
Pocket Watch and Chain: Antique, Silver
Pocket Square: Breuer (Points out,
foo.gif
look away!)
Socks: Same (They are the only part of the outfit I did not change or modify)

Hat: Stetson
Gloves: Dents
Overcoat: Made to Measure Hickey-Freeman​

Which look do you like better?

c_bourgeois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
No. Pinstripe means business. (note the period)

yes, the financial community in America seems to allow pinstripes or chalkstripes. American politicians are more conservative, sticking to oxford gray or dark blue. This changes in Britain, where politicians seem to wear loud wasp-waisted pinstripes.

For a conservative dinner outfit, a dark blue suit would keep most people out of trouble.

But one has to be careful not to dress like one belongs to a class one does not. This is like making a promise that one will not keep.
That is why I would wear something much more different, if it were possible, like black or maroon velvet blazer.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Am I the only one who wore black shoes for this challenge?
Nope. I thought black shoes were a given in this challenge.

Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
1122030768_yZY3j-XL.png

You have a green thumb, sir. I can never get a good crop of double-breasted suits at this time of year.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer

You have a green thumb, sir. I can never get a good crop of double-breasted suits at this time of year.

....whilst standing amid the mustard plants.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons

Originally Posted by nmprisons
I am troubled by every aspect of your outfit. Is the jacket blue or black? If black, it clashes with the pants and overcoat. If blue, it doesn't work with the pants. How long are your pants? I fear much too long.

The overcoat is . . .

Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
It's cold in Toronto. Period. And I feel like luxuriating.
Insults...opinions, comments, observations, criticisms, suggestions, ideas--all welcome!

It's cold in Toronto. Period. And I feel like luxuriating.
Insults...opinions, comments, observations, criticisms, suggestions, ideas--all welcome!

2679887470072357682S600x600Q85.jpg

2905108750072357682S600x600Q85.jpg

2564702130072357682S600x600Q85.jpg

2392944600072357682S600x600Q85.jpg

2369744630072357682S600x600Q85.jpg

I am troubled by every aspect of your outfit. Is the jacket blue or black? If black, it clashes with the pants and overcoat. If blue, it doesn't work with the pants. How long are your pants? I fear much too long.

The overcoat is . . .

The cashmere sportscoat is navy blue, actually.
You don't like my mink overcoat? But it's so soft and warm, how can you not love it?
smile.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
A more flared skirt might work well with your broad chest. Typically they go hand in hand, as a flared skirt would look rather odd without a full chest. Right now, the TF waist supression looks a little top heavy to me.

You seem to like a little drama in your clothes (as I do), so I throw it out there for potential consideration.

I do like drama in my clothes, you noticed?
smile.gif
But the flared skirt - I just dont know if I can do it. I tried once, I felt too hippy. I understand what you mean about being balanced with a broad chest, but I felt like a cartoon wearing it. I personally prefer sleeker, cleaner lines, ala TC Houston. If you have a picture of one as an example, I would be curious to see if Im thinking the same as you are.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
too late for the contest but this is a snoozer... please excuse the long shirt sleeve, haven't shortened the sleeves yet. And I got to pull up that tie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads