• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
having watched too much californication lately, I'm thinking of buying a black suit which would allow me to wear the jacket with jeans (cut to a good length and excellent fit to do so) on a budget. I think i'd like to try one from WW Chan, wondered what the price estimate might be for a basic solid in 10 or 11 oz wool? Looks like I missed their visit to DC this year, tho.

Anyone know what this cut is from Chan? Was the shoulder shape a special request?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...han-style.html

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is "does the photo shown depict the house style/ cut?" or were the softer shoulders, etc. done by special request? I've seen Chan suits in this thread (a great looking navy suit) with slightly roped shoulders, as well.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
I guess my question is "does the photo shown depict the house style/ cut?" or were the softer shoulders, etc. done by special request? I've seen Chan suits in this thread (a great looking navy suit) with slightly roped shoulders, as well.

You have to specify soft shoulders

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
having watched too much californication lately, I'm thinking of buying a black suit which would allow me to wear the jacket with jeans (cut to a good length and excellent fit to do so) on a budget.

As elegant as you often are, I'm afraid this is a terrible idea. Without wanting to be too supposedly "groupthinky", black suits don't compare well to any shade of grey or navy. To try and wear the jacket as a sports coat can only end badly.

wmb

Reaction score
I agree about black -- get navy. Regarding the cut, it looks like (and pictures can be deceiving) this jacket was requested with more closed quarters than Chan usually does. Also the shoulders look like shirt sleeve with no or little padding.

IronRock

Reaction score
Two recent bits an pieces I have recently had made... 10oz Fresco with black MoP buttons:
5257336091_6ce70c6ea3.jpg
[/url] And a 10oz W.Bill linen number:
5257951728_f30938a1b7.jpg
The colours in these photos seem a little off. The fresco is a dark grey and the Bill is a bright blue.

Coldcava

Reaction score
Now just need to have it pressed, as the package was folded up and did not come out in ready to wear condition..

However, I snapped some shots of the construction details..

As I am new to this level of suit quality, there were some unexpected detailing that had me somewhat impressed. Many of you probably will see no novelty in any of this, but for me, I was pleased with the result and ready for more.

On the first pic, you'll see the button hole on the lapel has a small thread about an inch below it, which I think is meant to secure the stem of a boutineer??

On the second one, there's a small band of elastic gripper material which helps keep everything in place (I have had a suit with this before, but rarely seen it on others)

On the third picture, a small split in the top of the rear of the trousers, not sure the purpose of this, but the way it's done is very nice, and there's some attention to detail in the way it looks to be made.

On the last picture is the hemline on the cuff of the pants. Again, this one is a first for me, but they have an additional strip of fabric, which appears to be made to keep the heel of your shoe from damaging the cuff/pulling at it, as you walk.

Everything looks pretty good.. once it's pressed/unwrinkled I'll post again with it on for some fit critique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads