1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Show us your Chan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Jul 7, 2009.

1. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Are prices cheaper when you order in Shanghai instead of getting fitted on one of their tours?
    - cloth dependant

2. echau

echau Senior member

I've emailed them twice about their tour to Houston but have yet to receive a response...

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think that we all should have our companies use Chan price increases as the benchmark for our raises and/or cost of living adjustments.

4. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

5. Timeless Fashion

Timeless Fashion Senior member

I've emailed them twice about their tour to Houston but have yet to receive a response...

They have their tour schedule itinerary on their website. They are visiting Houston on 3/11/11, 11/23/11 and 3/21/12.

6. echau

echau Senior member

They have their tour schedule itinerary on their website. They are visiting Houston on 3/11/11, 11/23/11 and 3/21/12.

Yeah I saw that. I was more interested in how it all works and how I would schedule an appointment.

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Are prices cheaper when you order in Shanghai instead of getting fitted on one of their tours?

Its cheaper if you get fitted in Shanghai or HK. On the tours you would have to pay for shipping both ways to get fitted and its about $200 back and forth.

8. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Its cheaper if you get fitted in Shanghai or HK. On the tours you would have to pay for shipping both ways to get fitted and its about $200 back and forth.

Don't they just ship the suit to you once, when it's completed? I was hoping to get fitted multiple times, but my understanding is that you just meet with them when they come to your city again.

This of course might be better handled by asking Chan directly.

9. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Don't they just ship the suit to you once, when it's completed? I was hoping to get fitted multiple times, but my understanding is that you just meet with them when they come to your city again.

This of course might be better handled by asking Chan directly.

If you want to get fitted on tour- they measure the first time then they mail you the garment in time for their second tour to see what needs tweaking then you mail it back for the adjustments then they mail you the final product. All this shipping is on your own dime.

10. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

If you want to get fitted on tour- they measure the first time then they mail you the garment in time for their second tour to see what needs tweaking then you mail it back for the adjustments then they mail you the final product. All this shipping is on your own dime.

Ah thanks for the clarification.

I suppose it makes sense since they can't schlep a bunch of basted suits everywhere. Tacking on another $200 though makes me wonder if I should just wait until I'm in China sometime later this year.

11. Timeless Fashion

Timeless Fashion Senior member

Yeah I saw that. I was more interested in how it all works and how I would schedule an appointment.

They will probably start taking appointments for their March tour beginning in February. You can email them with a preferred appointment time. They will usually reply within a few days and let you know if the time is available.

12. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Ah thanks for the clarification.

I suppose it makes sense since they can't schlep a bunch of basted suits everywhere. Tacking on another $200 though makes me wonder if I should just wait until I'm in China sometime later this year.

And all the time wating for your garment. If you're going to be in China this year I'd wait or go to their tour and pick your fabric and get measured so when you arrive you can get a fitting.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is the tweed coat Chan made for me recently.

[​IMG]

(out of focus) close-up of the W. Bill donegal

[​IMG]

Shoulder close-up for those into that stuff

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Annadale

Annadale Senior member

Lovely jacket! How much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking?

15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very nice, gdl.

16. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Great jacket gdl. Nice PS too! Drakes isn't it?

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Looks great!!!

18. comrade

comrade Senior member

beautifully cut lapel and shoulder.

19. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

this title is pure ghey while drunkz

20. ApplesHK

ApplesHK Senior member