• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
A whole bunch of **** is building up and seriously ******* with my ch'i.
Anyone with any extra positive energy, please forward to me asap.

Rube is kinda in a bad spot...

sorry to here that. good luck

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I have this one new customer who is the worst customer of all time. Keeps nickel and diming me over every little freaking thing. Asshole is placing a tiny order and thinks he can be my Turkish distributor so keeps talking about "great cooperation in future" but has called me like 5 times to haggle over his $1500 order. Worthless.

Then today he asked me to mark 0 value on his commercial invoice. I played dumb as long as I could, pretending I didn't understand, asking why I would do that, etc. til finally he blurted out, defeated, "It is to avoid paying customs duties." I could almost sense a twinge of shame in his voice at having to state it so bold-faced. He was pissed when he got off the phone.

I just wish they'd cancel the f*cking order already.

welcome to my life - I feel for you, man!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
welcome to my life - I feel for you, man!

haha i figured you'd feel my pain!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
haha i figured you'd feel my pain!
You should double the value on the commercial invoice
laugh.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there is a huge conference in Chicago this week - not in my field, but a lot of my end users and distributors come to it every year. every ******* year, I get calls from people asking me to take them out to dinner this week, and I have to scramble to set it up. so this year, I got in front of it and tried to set up go, meetings and meals in advance - I sent out emails and called people a month ago, with reminders every week. didn't help - nobody wanted to set up in advance, and one more ******* time my week is being wasted by people who call me and think that I can drop what ever I'm doing and have dinner with them and 6 friends, and then pick up the bill.

fiasco

Reaction score
Had some trousers tailored. My mom keeps criticizing my 7.5 inch hem as being way too tight and saying its not normal. pretty funny but also really annoying.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Just found out I'm homeless come Dec 2. Apparently, there was a miscommunication with my landlord. Anyone have a room open in Seattle for December?

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Jesus that sucks. What the hell kind of miscommunication got you kicked to the curb?
Month to month rent (which is surprising since it's not at all a bad building). I gave the landlord notice in writing the beginning of the month. I saw him in passing a week ago and said to forget about the notice if he was having trouble finding a new tenet this time of year. He was relieved and agreed to discard the notice. I gave him a call today and it turns out he had forgot about our conversation and had a tenet lined up for Dec 2. It's my fault for not confirming by writing. The guy has sort of a casual relationship with the tenets so I didn't think it was needed.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ektaylor
Month to month rent (which is surprising since it's not at all a bad building). I gave the landlord notice in writing the beginning of the month. I saw him in passing a week ago and said to forget about the notice if he was having trouble finding a new tenet this time of year. He was relieved and agreed to discard the notice. I gave him a call today and it turns out he had forgot about our conversation and had a tenet lined up for Dec 2. It's my fault for not confirming by writing. The guy has sort of a casual relationship with the tenets so I didn't think it was needed.

Talk to a lawyer and don't give up so quickly!

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Talk to a lawyer and don't give up so quickly!

Ah, I've been here since August. I plan on heading down to California for two weeks in mid-December and a friend is letting me house sit his place until I leave. I'll just find a better place when I return.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ektaylor
Ah, I've been here since August. I plan on heading down to California for two weeks in mid-December and a friend is letting me house sit his place until I leave. I'll just find a better place when I return.

Winter break?

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That goddamn Vampire Weekend song "Holiday" that's being used in both Honda and Hilfiger commercials right now. It's enough already!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
BTW: my back is killing me. I spent part of yesterday loading firewood into the truck, including some honking-big oak logs, probably 100 lbs or more. Couldn't really life the damn things so I tumbled them upwards into the truck. Then I took care of a bunch of other stuff throughout the day, and finally - at the end of the day I was unloading dishes from the dishwasher and *twang* - my breath catches and I can't move. Threw my back out while hoisting a dessert plate. A ******* dessert plate!
Right there with you T-Rex. The muscle I strained about 2 weeks ago locked up on me Sunday night. I was walking around with my hips shifted all the way to the right. That was a blast.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics