• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yeah, that's the second photo. May need to rearrange furniture... I think it's the camera angle. The second one is from below my waist level while the first is taken from slightly above it, so it loses my upper body proportions a bit. in other news
300flax.jpg
should have worn my black lace-up boots with a tuck or maybe white hi-tops instead of Chelseas also, ******* chinese gangsters are pussies, need four of them to equal one human being

4 Chinese = 2 Expats = 1 Human Being? Your fit looks like Elvis, which is kind of cool.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i don't particularly care for the collar on that ndg but, for whatever it's worth, as a whole i like this much better than what you've been doing in suits lately--especially the last tie.

GlenCoe

Reaction score

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six

Nico, NDG, SNS, W+H, Lanvin, Margielax2 - it's a cross section of SWD approved. Kinda think I should've worn indys though.

I like everything, but the lanvins, can't stand them, they look like clunky technical skate shoes and with the black skinny jeans they look kind of juvenile, I think dark boots would look better, not indys though. Top half look great though, sweaters nice.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
your picture seems to have skipped thanksgiving

lol we were the first people to put up a Christmas tree in the DFW area i think! We were waiting for the trees to unload like drug addicts lol. Before they even had time to cut the strings on them i was pulling on off the end and heading to the register haha

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gavroche:APC::Fuji:All Saints::scott.m:Junya

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
You are correct in your assessment of MC. I would argue that it's neither good nor bad, but rather an interest (perhaps overly so) in suiting. I am not by any means a good example, but I will say that practically all men (and many women, for that matter) look great in a suit, which is what attracts many to the forum initially. After this, one begins to see the many aspects of a great fitting suit (and the accessories), and appreciate the finer points of what makes just a suit a great suit. Thus, the detail shots.

As far as being boring, I would say it's certainly not boring if it interests you. And while it may appear to be conservative, as the SW&D does MC challenge shows, there are many ways to wear a suit. Mark Ronson, as an example, can rock the suit on stage, and it looks fly. However, he can also pull off a slick Burberry that would fit well in an office.

Some maintain their personal style, others follow the herd. Most do a bit of both. I am sure the same could be said of SW&D. None of us would be here if we did not, at least to a small extent, want to hear what others have to say about the way we dress.

Agree.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
The thing is, nobody in SWD is really against a great suit. The obsession with minutae, not seeing the forest through the trees (or in MC's case, leaves and bark dissection), and the fact that pretty much ******* everything is either a suit or a sport-coat/trousers ... I just don't see how that remains interesting every day.
No hate but most of your fits IIRC feature that floral shirt with the wide collar, maybe a fur-collared jacket or coat, tapered jeans/trousers and pointy boots no? That's your suit. I think we all have a tendency to wear similar things most of the time. Its the comfort zone thing and while I think the MC guys' obsession with minute details of suiting sometimes becomes stifling, I don't think its any worse than some SWD guys' obsession with weft and selvedge coupled with the acquisition of the latest, sickest overpriced lavinz. Just because you can't appreciate it doesn't mean its wrong.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
No hate but most of your fits IIRC feature that floral shirt with the wide collar, maybe a fur-collared jacket or coat, tapered jeans/trousers and pointy boots no? That's your suit. I think we all have a tendency to wear similar things most of the time. Its the comfort zone thing and while I think the MC guys' obsession with minute details of suiting sometimes becomes stifling, I don't think its any worse than some SWD guys' obsession with weft and selvedge coupled with the acquisition of the latest, sickest overpriced lavinz. Just because you can't appreciate it doesn't mean its wrong.

Well, I am trying to branch out more, just accumulating pieces ...
smile.gif

However, I understand what you're saying. The difference is that this entire forum isn't about my singular style! In MC, everyone is pretty much posting the same things. There is a very limited range of diversity between regulars there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads