• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^this is ******* great and what I talked about with the more intricate patterns etc while being cohesive and not overbearing

The only thing I'm not a fan of are the shoes in which case I'd do something in tobacco suede or maybe eg millbank chukka, etc something of that nature.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I was going to wear bown suede monks, but it's raining; these are my bad weather shoes.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
what are the stains on your right shoe?

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
waywt11252010.JPG
ndg boo apc loake for herringshoes happy thanksgiving

I like the shoes, but way too much stacking on those apcs

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GlenCoe
what are the stains on your right shoe?

Raindrops.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Happy Thanksgiving.: Day started snowy, then turned sleety, now on and off rain and 40 degrees.

Coat's a bit short per the "rules" and trou are a bit long for my preference, but not worth fiddling with for now. Hopefully neither too boring nor stodgy.​

People here will say that this is by far your best fit so far. Because it is.​

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah basically the secret to people liking MC over here is to be interesting... i dont give a **** about a perfect navy DB suit with a white shirt or some ****, its just worthy of praise for being fitted right to me. thats it

what i really dig about it was when i got to the pants detail i had a "wait what?" moment and had to scroll back up to make sure they were the same

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coat's a bit short per the "rules" and trou are a bit long for my preference, but not worth fiddling with for now. Hopefully neither too boring nor stodgy.
5206793169_90f838907b_z.jpg

I'm an MCer as well, also thinking about posting SW&D for some feedback. Had to say - that is the best fit you have posted in this thread. The trousers may be a bit long, hard to tell in the pictures, but that shorter jacket looks good. It is on the shorter side of the "classic" length, but within the "rules" I think, and it suits you to my eye.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
umm no hate but Fuji has ruined every recent fit with the terrible boot tucks. those boots do not work at all with his outfits/the way he wears them....

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
umm no hate but Fuji has ruined every recent fit with the terrible boot tucks. those boots do not work at all with his outfits/the way he wears them....

How do you suggest I wear them? I don't see anything wrong with how they look and I can't not tuck them.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I like everything, but the lanvins, can't stand them

+1, i could say this about most of AR's fits.

Happy Thanksgiving.: Day started snowy, then turned sleety, now on and off rain and 40 degrees.

Coat's a bit short per the "rules" and trou are a bit long for my preference, but not worth fiddling with for now. Hopefully neither too boring nor stodgy.​

This is good, although i don't like the bowtie or shoes. Trousers are a good length.​

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
How do you suggest I wear them? I don't see anything wrong with how they look and I can't not tuck them.
Those sorts of militaristic boots need a looser pant to tuck. the silhouette of the ultra skinny jeans going in to them is super awkward. You can't wear boots like that the same way you wear sneakers. My language probs sounded too strong but I feel like your outfits could be really good otherwise.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They aren't very military at all, I might post a detail photo, but they just look like those ones kunk bought a few days ago. Didn't think Petite standards were that skinny, but yeah I get your point, really skinny jeans would look off with military styled boots. I'm wearing different shoes tomorrow so Ill post them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads