• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Top 5: TV Shows That Have Gone On Too Long

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
X-Files - the conspiracy episodes just became so repetitive after a while.

I loved The X-Files for quite a while, but it became trite and repetitive. Then I heard that the mystery of Fox's sister was finally going to be solved, so I tuned in for that one. And then we found out that...she died and was a ghost.

Seriously?!?!? Seven years for THAT?!?!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
- As much as it pains me to say: Smallville.

yep, so many wasted seasons in between. It really only started getting good around season 5-6... before that was weird and mostly pointless.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
heroes and smallville comes to mind. I've never seen one tree hill, but from the gist of the series I think it should've ran its course.

from the past, I'd say happy days, little house on the praire, all of those 80s primetime soaps, golden girls and charles in charge.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- How I Met Your Mother

Say what?

Simpsons I sadly agree with.
House stopped being about the medicine, to whomever commented earlier. Season 6 and beyond has been as much a look into his social/mental life as it has been about solving medical mysteries.

Any reality TV. American Idol tops this list. I'm so sick of hearing about that ****.

ppjjmm

Reaction score
Survivor
Hells Kitchen
Family Guy (not really funny anymore)
Two and a Half Men (jesus christ)
Simpsons

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppjjmm
Survivor
Hells Kitchen
Family Guy (not really funny anymore)
Two and a Half Men (jesus christ)
Simpsons

that show should've ended after the pilot episode's first commercial break.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Curb Your Enthusiasm
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The West Wing
Simpsons
Frasier

None are bad shows, just milked too much.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Oh man, hell yes. That show went down FAST after the third season (though the fourth did have some solid episodes).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Seinfeld. Brilliant in its early years, but the last few seasons were unwatchable.

+1 on Simpsons.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Say what?
It irks me that five seasons in, they still haven't introduced the mother. Every other episode, Ted apparently learns a new lesson but pretty much forgets about it the next day. That's what stopped me from watching this season. I also only found Barney and Marshall to be the entertaining ones..

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It irks me that five seasons in, they still haven't introduced the mother. Every other episode, Ted apparently learns a new lesson but pretty much forgets about it the next day. That's what stopped me from watching this season. I also only found Barney and Marshall to be the entertaining ones..

You actually watched that show to find out who Ted marries? No wonder you're disappointed. Ted's the worst character on the show, and I could care less what happens to him. Barney, Marshall, Lily, and Robin are far more entertaining.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't watch it to find out who he marries. That's just stupid. I just get the feeling that they're stretching it out as long they can before anything significant happens. I mean, every finale has Ted proclaiming "well, kids..i learned blah blah blah..Uncle Barney this, Aunt Robin that..and yes. That shadow I saw was your mother and you know that box of pizza I found on the metro? It belonged to your mother. I just didn't know it then."

I know I'm being harsh but as I'm sure the show is still funny. It just doesn't hold my interest any longer.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Biggest ones for me were 24 and almost every reality show that gets more the one season!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads