• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uglier Than Crocs.

C3PLOS

Reaction score
UGH. I first saw these about a year ago at a theatre in Oakland. We were sitting down before the feature started, and I heard the woman next to us exclaim to a guy across the aisle that they had on THE SAME SHOES! They were excited about this and how great they were.

After the movie ended, I looked over to see these things and was shocked to see those feet-shoe things! All I kept thinking was there was no end to how ugly shoes could get in this world.

was385

Reaction score
I just don't understand these for everyday shoes. At least if you're going to look like a slob stick to sneakers or something that looks more comfortable and less ridiculous than these.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uglier than crocs? Is that possible?

If they are really that ugly ... I don't want to look at the OP ... I fear there might be a photo.

youngScholar

Reaction score
I may have been the only one who noticed, but Kari Glaser was wearing Vibrams when we had the SF meetup at Glaser Designs. Presumably she's on her feet all day and finds them comfy.

Overall, the biggest caveat with these things (other than looks) is overtraining before your feet get strong.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
D3pNV.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!

i

I hope these are goodyear welted for increased water resistance and comfort.

changy

Reaction score
Anybody watch Dual Survivor on Discovery? The crazy dude walks around barefoot in the jungles of southeast asia. His bio tag line is "CODY LUNDIN - Minimalist and primitive skills expert"

This is nova scotia i believe
324201.JPG

contrarycomet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder

There is a phenomenon known in some quarters as "REI ugly."

...clothes that are both intentionally hideous and surprisingly expensive and which are designed for members of the granola crowd who wish to demonstrate their contempt for crass materialism by buying really ugly clothes produced in China for large corporations.

+1
lol8[1].gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Anybody watch Dual Survivor on Discovery? The crazy dude walks around barefoot in the jungles of southeast asia. His bio tag line is "CODY LUNDIN - Minimalist and primitive skills expert"

This is nova scotia i believe
324201.JPG

how well do his feet handle this?

-LR

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
The black leggings puts it all in perspective.

There is a phenomenon known in some quarters as "REI ugly."

REI, for those who don't know, is a sporting goods "co-op" -- it's really just a regular store -- that specializes in outdoor sporting goods. It also offers a line of clothes that are both intentionally hideous and surprisingly expensive and which are designed for members of the granola crowd who wish to demonstrate their contempt for crass materialism by buying really ugly clothes produced in China for large corporations.

Your lady friend is a perfect example of this aesthetic. Perhaps she had been posing for a catalog.

Having been a Park Ranger I do encourage REI ugly. The loud colors keeps the wildlife afraid of humans while providing contrast high enough to spot bodies at the bottom of ravines -- thus saving time better spent in the ranger cabin reading Outdoor Life and partaking in some local herbal medicine found in that patch of woods just north of the border.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads