1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Uglier Than Crocs.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

[​IMG]

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!

i

I hope these are goodyear welted for increased water resistance and comfort.

2. changy

changy Senior member

Anybody watch Dual Survivor on Discovery? The crazy dude walks around barefoot in the jungles of southeast asia. His bio tag line is "CODY LUNDIN - Minimalist and primitive skills expert"

This is nova scotia i believe
    [​IMG]

3. contrarycomet

contrarycomet Member

There is a phenomenon known in some quarters as "REI ugly."

...clothes that are both intentionally hideous and surprisingly expensive and which are designed for members of the granola crowd who wish to demonstrate their contempt for crass materialism by buying really ugly clothes produced in China for large corporations.

+1[​IMG]

4. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Anybody watch Dual Survivor on Discovery? The crazy dude walks around barefoot in the jungles of southeast asia. His bio tag line is "CODY LUNDIN - Minimalist and primitive skills expert"

This is nova scotia i believe
    [​IMG]

how well do his feet handle this?

-LR

5. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

The black leggings puts it all in perspective.

There is a phenomenon known in some quarters as "REI ugly."

REI, for those who don't know, is a sporting goods "co-op" -- it's really just a regular store -- that specializes in outdoor sporting goods. It also offers a line of clothes that are both intentionally hideous and surprisingly expensive and which are designed for members of the granola crowd who wish to demonstrate their contempt for crass materialism by buying really ugly clothes produced in China for large corporations.

Your lady friend is a perfect example of this aesthetic. Perhaps she had been posing for a catalog.

Having been a Park Ranger I do encourage REI ugly. The loud colors keeps the wildlife afraid of humans while providing contrast high enough to spot bodies at the bottom of ravines -- thus saving time better spent in the ranger cabin reading Outdoor Life and partaking in some local herbal medicine found in that patch of woods just north of the border.