• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesduc

Reaction score
Where can I get some laces online? Tried e-mailing Alden but got no response and its been 3 weeks. I need black, #8 and cigar boot length.

Stamper1924

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
Hi All,

I'm new to style forum. Just curious if any of you have ideas on how i can obtain http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/wp-...oads/bawt2.jpg they are the BROWN CHROMEXCEL, leathersoul just posted them and by the time i was fitted they sold out :-(
any ideas?

I have the Plaza version of this boot and love it! The brown Chromexcel is so soft.

With LSH you have to sometimes act fast...as soon as they post the new model if possible. They sometimes seem to have only one of each size for a given style and all it takes is one other person to beat you to your size.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
Where can I get some laces online? Tried e-mailing Alden but got no response and its been 3 weeks. I need black, #8 and cigar boot length.

I'd email Tom at Leather Soul.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cognac%20Straight_1.jpg

shasta

Reaction score
does my dark twisted fantasy exist?

cigar shell longwing
natural edge

fantasized I was wearing them last night

mercy mercy me

number9dream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
1o0x89.jpg

cigar nst

Are those on the Barrie last? Very nice! I am a real fan of your collection -- makes my mouth water! I've lost sleep over those Ravello perf toes. I own a pair of AE Strands in Walnut, which are basically cheap imitations of those awesome Aldens!

eightdouble

Reaction score
can anyone here vouch for how the double waterlock soles actually do in the wet? i certainly would not wear these in the snow, but chicago always has that wet sidewalk melted show thing going on due to salting and melting.

i have been looking for an indy or a ranger shoe with the crepe (or less enthusiastically a commando) sole, but i can't find anything that's still available.

i want to kick myself for not buying the LS ranger in cordovan when they still had my size.

JonB27

Reaction score
Is anyone here going to the Alden trunk show at the BH location? I plan on stopping by on the 4th...

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
idk however I think my plan for my double leather sole, standard shell chukkas is to just...wear them (I live in Boston so similar winter weather as you). when the soles give, ship them off to B.Nelson and have Dainite soles put on, I think is is a great blend of practicality, durability, and looks (they are low profile). I think the commando sole Alden uses is too chunky, the crepe sole a bit too casual for what I want, and the standard leather not weatherproof enough for year round Boston use. I mean I won't wear them in snow storms or out to shovel, but a dusting of snow, or typical ice? yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads